Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I was playing with my iPad 2 today and Touchpad. It seems that the Touchpad's color seems to be really washed out and not nearly is vibrant as my iPad 2. The icons including signal strength for wifi also looks scaled up and not optimized for the touchpad screen, almost a bit blurry.

    Can else confirm this? I am going to go to a BB today and compare my TP to a display unit to see if it might just be mine.
  2. #2  
    turn up the brightness
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    turn up the brightness
    I have used every variation of the brightness settings. The wifi signal really stands out as blurry to me when compared to other icons on the device.

    I also have excellent vision. I can see in 1080p
  4. #4  
    You may have a failing unit? Thankfully I haven't had any problems with my case cracking, screen shifting, or colors washing out. Actually, the main reason I purchase SquareTrade insurance was to cover if and when I dropped my TP. Maybe it will become more usable then I would have guessed if my unit begins to degrade. Sorli...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I was playing with my iPad 2 today and Touchpad. It seems that the Touchpad's color seems to be really washed out and not nearly is vibrant as my iPad 2. The icons including signal strength for wifi also looks scaled up and not optimized for the touchpad screen, almost a bit blurry.

    Can else confirm this? I am going to go to a BB today and compare my TP to a display unit to see if it might just be mine.
    Get it replaced. It's a bad screen (likely). I had a refurb that came to me b/c of the cracking issue & the refurb had a horrendous screen. Colors weren't even close to the unit I sent in. I got my final replacement yesterday & the two were night & day. The one they just shipped me looked fantastic. The other one washed out.

    Really sounds like a bad screen. Swap it, return it, etc. Just my take.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

    Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
  6. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Get it replaced. It's a bad screen (likely). I had a refurb that came to me b/c of the cracking issue & the refurb had a horrendous screen. Colors weren't even close to the unit I sent in. I got my final replacement yesterday & the two were night & day. The one they just shipped me looked fantastic. The other one washed out.

    Really sounds like a bad screen. Swap it, return it, etc. Just my take.
    Second that, there are reports of TP's with defective screens one of which you probably own.
  7.    #7  
    ---UPDATE--

    I went to BB and Frys to compare my screen colors to the demo units. there was a definite difference in hue and tone of my screen when compared to the demo units. My device has a yellow tint to whites and the colors have more of a washed out tone.

    I called the Butler service and HP is going to send me a replacement free of charge. The only concern I have now, is what condition will the replacement unit be in when I open the box. I am very particular about scratches and potential stress fractures that may occur during the shipping process.

    I will keep everyone updated of my progress. And thanks for the comments!
  8. StompAWOT's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #8  
    I need to do the same. I've noticed the same thing and just assumed my iPad 2's have better colors. Will check a demo somewhere.
  9. #9  
    Don't forget the iPad has retina display.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by StompAWOT View Post
    I need to do the same. I've noticed the same thing and just assumed my iPad 2's have better colors. Will check a demo somewhere.
    Yes, please check out the demos and let me know if there is any difference you find.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Don't forget the iPad has retina display.
    No it doesn't. It's has a 1024 x 768 IPS display. Just like the TouchPad. I just exchanged my TP because I had some stuck pixels and the screen on that one seemed much much worse than the screen on my iPad. Dimmer and yellow-y hues. I just chalked it up to the iPad having a better screen but maybe I had a defective unit. I need to open up my new one and see.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile View Post
    No it doesn't. It's has a 1024 x 768 IPS display. Just like the TouchPad. I just exchanged my TP because I had some stuck pixels and the screen on that one seemed much much worse than the screen on my iPad. Dimmer and yellow-y hues. I just chalked it up to the iPad having a better screen but maybe I had a defective unit. I need to open up my new one and see.
    Ah my mistake. It's probably because the Touchpad uses 18-bit color and the iPad uses 24-bit?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  13. #13  
    Why not just capture a picture(Home+Power button) and let us have a look for your supposed defect one?
  14. #14  
    I replaced mine because of some stuck pixels. The screen is still yellowy compared to my iPad. I've got the same forum page open in both and the TP is definitely more washed out.
  15.    #15  
    -UPDATE-

    I highly recommend you compare your TP to a demo unit, if you think your screen color is off. HP Butler will waive the replacement service fee of $59 and you will have your new TP in hands within 3 business days. Don't forget to do a "Full Erase" under your profile so everything syncs over to your new device.

    My only gripe is Prethemer is down so I can't get GlassEffect Suite back under preware.

    Let me know if anyone has any questions.

    Thanks!
  16. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile View Post
    I replaced mine because of some stuck pixels. The screen is still yellowy compared to my iPad. I've got the same forum page open in both and the TP is definitely more washed out.
    Probably still a defective unit, according to Tom's Hardware objective testing the touchpad's color gamut is better than the ipad's and other tablet displays on the market.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz

Posting Permissions