Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Kinda validates those that have been saying that they should be selling the tps for $100 less eh? I've thought so. I think that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    ***!!! If hp keeps this up they just might sell well. I hope this continues until I'm ready to get one.
    Everybody On!
    This doesn't excite me. At all. I sort of feel like I got ripped off paying $440 for my 16gb TP. I can only imagine what some of you feel that paid more than I. So, hp wants this thing to sell hot; lets charge early adopters full "MSRP" than drop it to real world value a month from now. Makes perfect sense instead of making the pricing more aggressive and competitive from the start. I'm not really getting much out of my TP now as it is and it looks like I'll be taking quite a loss if I sell it. Oh well.

How many reviews were posted saying that this thing being priced the same as the IP2 was a negative for them? In any event, $400 is a more realistic price for this device, more so with discounts and special offers.

EDIT: Geez, it's 399 at the usual retailers now as well, amazon, et al. Screw this. Not an appropriate way to treat those that gave their money to a first gen product. HP should have damn well had this pricing at the start. K, I'm done being bitter about it now but I think I'm annoyed enough to sell my TP and forget about webos 3 for now, given it's current lack luster state. So disappointing.
    Last edited by observator; 08/05/2011 at 07:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Better than $500 I suppose.
    Yes, I want! Yes, I want! Yes, I want! Yes, I... cannot buy in Brazil!!

Still there is someone complaining because cannot buy PrPrPr? $Come$ $to$ $Brazil$ $and$ $pay$ $ $1$.$100$ $for$ $a$ $IPad$ $2$ $wifi$ ($no$ $3G$) $or$ $Galaxy$ $Tab$ $7$...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Normally things end up on woot when the manufacturer or vendor has "OverStock" of something and want to get rid of it quickly.

It's good that it's on woot for cheaper then other places but it's also bad that it's on WOOT at all. This thing is gonna be $299 prettttty soon.
    Woot is owned by Amazon, so it's likely Amazon wanted to move a bunch of them. To be honest, the 16G version probably didn't move as fast as the 32G version because of the HP $50 coupon. Also, HP is going to be coming out with the 7" and the 64G tablets soon and getting rid of the 16G version balances out the product line offering. I wouldn't rule out a minor spec bump coming out soon too.
    bluenote likes this.
    Use TAXSUCKS coupon code to make sure you don't pay tax on woot orders over $40.

Woot, where things that don't sell as expected go to die.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Use TAXSUCKS coupon code to make sure you don't pay tax on woot orders over $40.

Woot, where things that don't sell as expected go to die.

That's not the point. Woot is another differentiated channel for Amazon to sell to a different market than its normal base and HP is courting Amazon with the "special relationship", the more flexibility HP can show and the more units moved at different price points to different markets, the stronger the relationship.
    Amazon and HP's webOS is a a very strong offering, more power to them.
    You are reading far too much into Amazon's acquisition of woot. Amazon bought woot because they were very successful at doing what they do, and Amazon has been totally hands-off with them. They still do the same thing they've been doing since day one, which is offering one stupidly cheap deal a day on junk that most people don't want (or at least are not buying).

There's a reason the TP price is falling like a rock, and it's the same reason it's on woot.

Touchscreens are a fad.
    Here's what I did earlier today ...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3056415

milominderbinde likes this.
    I know it's off subject, but has anyone ever gotten the Random Mystery bag of junk on Woot? I've always wanted to get one, but every time they've offered it, I was always too late. Those things sell out almost instantaneously.
    They still do the same thing they've been doing since day one, which is offering one stupidly cheap deal a day on junk that most people don't want (or at least are not buying).
    as someone who buys way too much stuff on woot, I wouldn't call what they sell junk.
    You are reading far too much into Amazon's acquisition of woot. Amazon bought woot because they were very successful at doing what they do, and Amazon has been totally hands-off with them. They still do the same thing they've been doing since day one, which is offering one stupidly cheap deal a day on junk that most people don't want (or at least are not buying).

There's a reason the TP price is falling like a rock, and it's the same reason it's on woot.

you totally missed what I was saying by having woot as part of amazon full package. Whether management is hands-off style is irrelevant to this point.
    This is how it sold on woot by state

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    as someone who buys way too much stuff on woot, I wouldn't call what they sell junk.
    Not all of it is junk, but all of it is not selling as well as the manufacturer had hoped. I've bought plenty of stuff from woot too, including a Sony Dash (which I love) and a SOG multitool. Those two items are far from junk (to me anyway). The SOG's MSRP was simply set way too high, and people have difficulty figuring out exactly what the Dash is for, so they ended up on woot.

IMO, HP probably went all out on the Touchpad, as evidenced by the marketing, expected to sell tons of them, and therefore made tons of them. So rather than have them collect dust in a distributor's warehouse, they're hoping this fire sale will simply get more Touchpads out into the wild, and hope that the people that buy them will create some buzz around it.

Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    This is how it sold on woot by state

Where did you get this from?

Edit- Never mind, I just saw the stats page on Woot, where they have the info.
    it is only $20 less than amazon site and no returns, not so much of a discount from the other retailers this weekend except for staples.
    sounds like part of HP's larger strategy to move units in front of back -to- school season and ahead of the new 4G models.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12