Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    This thread is an offshoot of the "TouchPad for business" thread. I'm not seeing the TP as a candidiate for use in the business setting at this time. One major issue I have is lack of native support or apps for SharePoint. Wanted to start a thread to hear others experience and see if there are any tips or tricks or apps to address the problems working in that enviornment.
    So Far:
    * I can access and log in to SharePoint at work
    * Can move page to page and view most content well.
    * flash content works
    * All Silverlight plugins are broken
    * have trouble navigating and scrolling windows in windows
    * cant open/edit Office Web docs
    * cant download/edit docs

Understanding getting the TP browser to nativley handle SP might be unrealistic, getting one of the current SP apps on the market migrated to the TP would be ideal.
    Filemente
    Aircreek Home, Filamente - Native iPad & iPhone Client for SharePoint and SharePoint Online (Office 365)
    Shareplus
    SharePlus: SharePoint Mobile Client for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

What do others think?
    Silverlight is proprietary MicroSoft. You're going to have a hard time getting Silverlight to run on any platform that isn't from Microsoft.

Part of the Mono project is Moonlight, an opensource project that that provides most of the Sliverlight functionality (but not all).

This is open-source, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it eventually implemented in webOS.

Personally, I don't think this particular shortcoming means it's not an enterprise ready device. It's just one of the pitfalls that happens when one company tries to control everything from server to mouse and everything in between.