Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I read that Sconix may be working on getting the delete email from notification patch to work on 3.x (touchpad) but I am wondering if anyone else is or how hard this really is. I am surprised there is not a larger outcry for it.... Its half the functionality of the notifications.... to make a choice to keep or delete....

    anyone ??? Bueller??
  2. #2  
    I think a lot of people want this. I dont know about 3.x, but I think 2.x made it harder to do. I still want this on my phone.
  3. #3  
    Itís the one feature I truly miss in moving to an Android phone. Itís a great feature.

    -Suntan
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I think a lot of people want this. I dont know about 3.x, but I think 2.x made it harder to do. I still want this on my phone.
    I want this on my Veer so damn bad.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #5  
    Not having that (and Outlook-style email replies) is the worst part about moving from 1.x to 2.x.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    I read that Sconix may be working on getting the delete email from notification patch to work on 3.x (touchpad) but I am wondering if anyone else is or how hard this really is. I am surprised there is not a larger outcry for it.... Its half the functionality of the notifications.... to make a choice to keep or delete....

    anyone ??? Bueller??
    Notifications are meant to be a universal system.

    By that a notification for email we want to behave the same way as an email for Messaging. I would love to SOMETIMES be able to delete an email from a notification, but more often then not I look at it and decide I just don't want to read that email right away so I dismiss the notification. The same goes for messaging, I never actually want to delete a text message, however there are many times I want to "put a message on hold" and talk to them later.

    Hopefully the homebrew patch becomes available to make this available to you, personally I won't use it because I understand how notifications work, and they fit my need.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Notifications are meant to be a universal system.

    By that a notification for email we want to behave the same way as an email for Messaging. I would love to SOMETIMES be able to delete an email from a notification, but more often then not I look at it and decide I just don't want to read that email right away so I dismiss the notification. The same goes for messaging, I never actually want to delete a text message, however there are many times I want to "put a message on hold" and talk to them later.

    Hopefully the homebrew patch becomes available to make this available to you, personally I won't use it because I understand how notifications work, and they fit my need.
    <staff edit>

    Next to Card View, WebOs Notifications are the biggest multi-tasking feature.


    Regardless of how it may work from a coding perspective, Palm and now HP, have long advertised using the notifications as a way to "triage" just about any piece of information the OS or an App brings to the user's attention. The system gives the user the ability to choose when he/she wants to take action. Giving the user the ability to perform specific types of actions, based on the context of the notification, is only logical.


    This sort of power is already available to the user when using "Just Type".

    Adding this feature to the Notification system would be well received.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/11/2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: rude comment deleted
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Notifications are meant to be a universal system.

    By that a notification for email we want to behave the same way as an email for Messaging. I would love to SOMETIMES be able to delete an email from a notification, but more often then not I look at it and decide I just don't want to read that email right away so I dismiss the notification. The same goes for messaging, I never actually want to delete a text message, however there are many times I want to "put a message on hold" and talk to them later.

    Hopefully the homebrew patch becomes available to make this available to you, personally I won't use it because I understand how notifications work, and they fit my need.
    This patch used to work on 1.4.5 to where it only affected the email notifications. Not the messaging. Text messages are different. Of course you will want to read them. but I (like most people, Im sure) get a lot of emails from places like ebay, or other companies where I have purchased stuff and they just send specials and coupons and all that crap. I would like to be able to just delete them from the notification.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    You understand, do you...really??

    Next to Card View, WebOs Notifications are the biggest multi-tasking feature.


    Regardless of how it may work from a coding perspective, Palm and now HP, have long advertised using the notifications as a way to "triage" just about any piece of information the OS or an App brings to the user's attention....
    I don't think he meant "universal" from a coding perspective, but rather from a behavior perspective.

    I think his point was that in it's "standard" setup, the actions sould remain consistent for any notifications. Currently, you can dismiss the notification (no matter where it came from), or you can tap it, and it calls the appropriate application.

    Adding an email only deletion feature makes that behavior different for email, thus the notification behavior is no longer universal.

    I see his point, and understand why HP did it that way.

    I also see your point, and understand why HP not only allows, but encourages, these types of patches.

    It's a wonderful world.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    This patch used to work on 1.4.5 to where it only affected the email notifications. Not the messaging. Text messages are different. Of course you will want to read them. but I (like most people, Im sure) get a lot of emails from places like ebay, or other companies where I have purchased stuff and they just send specials and coupons and all that crap. I would like to be able to just delete them from the notification.
    THIS! I am horrible about cleaning up my inbox, FB notification, ebay, paypal, crutchfield, 878947589347 other places, love being able to delete when it pops up and not have to launch the e-mail app.

    To give you an idea how bad I am at e-mail, I have a week or more old Dev Relations e-mail I need to reply to about the discounted device program (it's to the point I have put it in my calendar as a reminder for today and tomorrow to respond).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    I read that Sconix may be working on getting the delete email from notification patch to work on 3.x (touchpad) but I am wondering if anyone else is or how hard this really is. I am surprised there is not a larger outcry for it.... Its half the functionality of the notifications.... to make a choice to keep or delete....

    anyone ??? Bueller??
    This still needs fixing as when an email is opened it alerts the sender that the email has been accessed. Spam and junk mail is increased and a nuisance to recipients. Opening one at a time in order to delete is cumbersome. Please somebody, get a fix quick.

Posting Permissions