1.    #1  
    So I was happy to see the clock back in 3.0.2 and the first night I set the alarm it worked.

The past two nights it has not gone off, even making the clock app 'active' and full screen didn't help.

The only change has been a new kernel to OC it to 1.7ghz. Has anyone else that's overclocked seen the alarm clock stop working?
    I have an unpatched TP. I set an alarm two days back and it did not work. Yesterday, I added another one and the second one worked!

Here is what I noticed. (I need to do more testing to validate my theory).
    1st alarm was set to go off at 6:44AM (Yeah.. I am a lazy guy.. )
    2nd one I set for 7:00AM..

Since the second one worked, I am thinking that the alarm may work only for those minutes that are increments of 5!?

Did anyone notice something similar?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I have not over clocked my TouchPad, but alarm works fine for me. I tested right after I downloaded the app (set it for a couple minutes later) & have used it a couple times since then. I never trust one device, though, when needed--I still set the phone alarm & the old clock radio...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i have TP oc'ed to 1.7ghz with warthog kernel and used my alarm last night for first time and it worked fine.
    My alarm did not work the first night.

But it did this morning (I wasn't expecting it to)...the only thing I did different was to leave the alarm notification at the top right. The previous night I swiped it away. ..
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    The alarm on my palm pre is quite un-reliable. about once every month or 2 I wake up late (in a panic). You'd think i'd stop using it....
    my first pre never had this problem, but my second pre did. The alarm wild go off after I woke the phone. I found that the only way to get it working well was to leave the clock app open and not swipe off the alarm notification.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mariolive7 View Post

But it did this morning (I wasn't expecting it to)...the only thing I did different was to leave the alarm notification at the top right. The previous night I swiped it away. ..
    That may be a clue. I'll make sure it is in the notification bar tonight.
    mine is broken too, this sucks
    On a Touchpad, alarm went off just a few minutes after creation. Another alarm set for the morning did not go off. The Touchpad reset before the alarm went off because of Preset Reset.

A reset could possibly be the cause of alarms not going off.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mariolive7 View Post

As crazy as it sounds, that's exactly what causes the alarm to shut off. That notification icon cannot be swiped away from the top bar.

Another lesson I learned -- do not use that Reboot Scheduler Homebrew app to reboot the TPad overnight. I've had it on my Pre for ages and never have a problem with my alarm sounding off on it. However, the alarm on the TPad will not turn back on if it reboots. It has nothing to do with the app itself, the TPad just doesn't like to turn the alarm back on after being rebooted.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I left my notification on last night and had it set for 7:00 AM (even lazier guy today) this morning and it didn't go off - although it did yesterday.
    my touchpad alarm only worked the first and hasn't made an audible alarm since. The notification will come up in the top right asking to snooze or dismiss as if the alarm is going off but there is no sound playing.
    I have been using the "Simple Alarms" app and have not had any issues with it yet.
    I would like to chime in -- My alarm clock does not function as well -- Or rather -- It does on occasion, but my TouchPad constantly loses sound. This morning I woke up, the TouchPad screen was on, but no sound. It gave me the option to dismiss. That was all. Therefore, in context, it does not work properly.

HP: Please fix the audio driver issue. I hate having to reboot this thing every 4 - 5 hours.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    the simplest way around this sincce the alarm app is so inconsistant for me was to setup a google callender account.
    set up the default alarm to 15 min before event or whatever u would like and text ure dates in.
    i did this without fail and worked everytime
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    lol, I also made the mistake of relying on the touchpad alarm clock. Mine is using default kernel and has all updates.... Clock works once then no more same with 2nd and 3rd and etc alarms.. Works first time then no more. I even tried the 5 minute thing suggested above.

writing this post from the touchpad now :]

this is my first tablet device. I love it. I had a little asus eeepc it was and still is junk