Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ginginho
  1.    #1  
    This is more of an FYI than a request for help in case somebody else runs into this!

I'm a new TouchPad user who was running through the setup without the pad being connected to mains power; I got to the system updates and the 3.0.2 68 update was downloaded and verified successfully. At this point, I was warned that the battery needed >50% charge to perform the install. I attached mains power (which was connected and charging the battery) and tapped the option to proceed with the update. I was shown the white 'installing updates screen' which reports that the update will take around 15 mins. Two hours later I still had this screen showing, unaware that the installation was not actually being performed (shortly after you see this screen, the display should go black and you'll see an HP logo followed by a dial showing the installation progress). Only when I disconnected from mains power and then reconnected again was I prompted again to install the update - this update worked quickly.

Hope this helps...
    pbnewbie likes this.
    That's quite odd. I wonder why the TP behaved that way?
    I believe you have to go to "software update" and click upgrade again? :P
    I too faced the same issue as posted. When I took my TP off the charger, it started installing the update..
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i just got my touchpad today. weeee! i'm having the same problem, though. i went to upgrade it and it downloaded, but it kept stalling and asking me to start over. when i did, it picked up where the download left off. now it's unpacking, but it keeps stalling and asking me to start over. when i do, it picks up where it left off. weird.
    Mine took awhile too, I think its just the influx of all the new Touchpads out there. It also wouldn't install until it was plugged in.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. I bet there's like 10x more Touchpads getting set up today than any other day in its history!
    Quote Originally Posted by ginginho View Post
    This is more of an FYI than a request for help in case somebody else runs into this!

I'm a new TouchPad user who was running through the setup without the pad being connected to mains power; I got to the system updates and the 3.0.2 68 update was downloaded and verified successfully. At this point, I was warned that the battery needed >50% charge to perform the install. I attached mains power (which was connected and charging the battery) and tapped the option to proceed with the update. I was shown the white 'installing updates screen' which reports that the update will take around 15 mins. Two hours later I still had this screen showing, unaware that the installation was not actually being performed (shortly after you see this screen, the display should go black and you'll see an HP logo followed by a dial showing the installation progress). Only when I disconnected from mains power and then reconnected again was I prompted again to install the update - this update worked quickly.

Hope this helps...
    Mine just did the exact same thing as yours, had to unplug, replug then off it went, weird, seems to be working though. Thanks for posting.