webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > How are the Facebook Zynga games on the TouchPad?
How are the Facebook Zynga games on the TouchPad?
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By etx

Old 08/04/2011, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Anyone here play any of those Zynga games on Facebook, like Farmville and Cafeworld? How is the quality and smoothness compared to playing them on a PC?

I'm asking because a primary reason for me to get a TouchPad would be so my kids could play these Zynga Facebook games and access other Flash websites on it like NickJr and PBSKids. Many Flash based websites play poorly or don't play at all on my Pre2, including the ones on Facebook, so I'm worried the TouchPad would be similar.

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited by zeedale; 08/04/2011 at 10:27 AM.
zeedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
etx

They are just as terrible as they are on a PC.
etx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, zeedale, Tikerz and 3 others like this.
Thanked By: b3d0u1n
Old 08/04/2011, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

LOL....I was just as curious.
Gianny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

i kinda play the Pawnstars game on fb. its really really bad on the touchpad. Just about unplayable
fage88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 12:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

It seems Steve Jobs was right when he said that Flash was too inefficient and not optimized for mobile devices. For me, it's a hit or miss on Flash-embedded sites on my Pre2. A few Flash sites work, most others work but are very laggy, and others just don't work at all.
zeedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Some work some don't. Poker/Slots work fine. Scrabble works ok. The biggest thing you have to get around when gaming on any tablet is dragging is "tricky" and there is no right click.
AMR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeedale View Post
It seems Steve Jobs was right when he said that Flash was too inefficient and not optimized for mobile devices. For me, it's a hit or miss on Flash-embedded sites on my Pre2. A few Flash sites work, most others work but are very laggy, and others just don't work at all.
Flash Is optimized for mobile, and but not all flash content is. Alot of times we're trying to view content that was never intended for the small screen, so there's bound to be issues as content makers stagger into mobile. Sure html 5 my fill these voids but there is no reason zygna couldn't make their flash games more mobile friendly
mhunterjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2011, 11:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

so what was the answer? Does farmville or slots, poker or whatever those stupid games are do they play? If so how could I check? I don't have any interest in them but my mother in law wants a tablets and plays a bunch of fb things. I know iPad has apps to make some of them possible but android?
miyanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2011, 09:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/HP-TouchPad-Test-Drive-Fun-and-Games/ba-p/66337

according to this blog yes it can
Spiderang is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: miyanc
Old 08/10/2011, 09:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fage88 View Post
i kinda play the Pawnstars game on fb. its really really bad on the touchpad. Just about unplayable
I'm able to play Pawnstars just fine on my TP...

-Gromet
Veer 4G - SOLD
nlocurto is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: miyanc
Old 08/16/2011, 12:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'm actually searching these forums for the opposite question: I have no desire to play farmville, smurfs, etc and I'm sick of seeing all the posts that so and so needs to milk their cow or tickle their smurf or whatever... so in the TP Facebook app, is there a way, like on regular old webpage facebook, to ignore all posts from certain apps?
bdb777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 12:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
Some work some don't. Poker/Slots work fine. Scrabble works ok. The biggest thing you have to get around when gaming on any tablet is dragging is "tricky" and there is no right click.
how do you drag?
draztikrhymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2011, 10:55 AM   #13 (permalink)

I see that people have posted that it should be possible, but I have been having trouble trying to get it to work for my wife. I have overclocked the TP to 1.5GHz, installed WebOS 3.0.2, made sure all updates for apps are installed, no other cards are running, etc, but if I open the Browser and try to launch Farmville or Cityville from the Facebook site, the games will load most of the way and then spontaneously the page will reload.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to resolve this issue? I know that the games are pretty slow on the TP, but my wife is pretty adamant about wanting it to work.
ender2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2011, 10:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

words with friends doesn't work
Gunnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2011, 01:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

New owner/user, OC'd to 1.5, did all the tricks. I tried to load up cityville (should be similar to farmville in requirements). I had the same webpage reloading issue. Rebooted, cityville would load, partially. I'd see my streets, some buildings, but some of the sprites would be in the wrong spot, no water. I let it sit there a while and it didn't really seem to do much else.

To me it seems an issue of lack of memory, not cpu. If the cpu was tanked, I'd think the tablet would have locked up, which it wasn't at all, I could multitask just fine.

Which is a shame too, I was hoping to surprise my wife with this as her bday present, if it'd play farmville/cityville it'd be the perfect computer for her.
paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 02:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeedale View Post
<<staff edit>> STEVE JOBS WAS RIGHT MY ***, FLASHPLAYER DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE ANDROID DEVICES ABOVE 4.0 ARE NOT SUPPORTED, SO INSTALL AN os ON A PERFORMING ANDROID DEVICE LIKE A QUAD CORE AND PLAY FACEBOOK GAMES AS OKAY AS YOU DO ON A POWERFUL DESKTOP PC, BUT HEY FACEBOOK ZYNGA GAMES ARE SUCKIE AT BEST THREE YEARS NOW AND MY WIFE ONLY CUSSES AT FACEBOOK AND ZYNGA MEDIA GAMES... THEY ARE LAME AT BEST LAG, PAUSE, STOP RRESPONDING, ITS A TRAVESTY AND SO LAME, GO WITHOUT THEM ENJOY YOUR LIFE...! AND MANY TIMES YOUR BROSER WILL EAT OVER 3gb OF MEMORY DUE TO THE BUGS LADEN IN THESE ZYNGA GAMES AND FACEBOOK AS WELL SUCKS OUT BIGTIME, FLY BE FREE OF FB AND ZG'S...!

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/05/2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: removed rude remark to another member
Stanley Parker is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0