Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes
    Wouldn't an aluminum case cause some issues with touchstone tech? Also I always felt that the ipad2 is not a light device anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Would love to see the TP2 go with an aluminum body.
    Pssh, aluminum. Magnesium or carbon fiber!
    augustofretes likes this.
    It is a noticeable difference, you just got what you got because you merely hand them a device a couple of minutes, the difference in weight feels when you're actually using the device over "long" periods of time, e.g. Lay down on your bed holding with one hand.

This is not a deal breaker (and many Android tablets weight almost exactly the same), but let's not pretend it isn't a useful advantage of the iPad 2.
    kkhanmd and StuckwVerizon like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    It is a noticeable difference, you just got what you got because you merely hand them a device a couple of minutes, the difference in weight feels when you're actually using the device over "long" periods of time, e.g. Lay down on your bed holding with one hand.
    Not really. The real issue is that that's not a natural position to be in for your arms. Personally whether it's my TouchPad, iTouch, or Pre it's all the same when trying to hold them in those stretched out, "unnatural" positions. The only time there's a significant change is when start getting to the size of laptops and Windows tablets.
    Just holding your hands out in that position with nothing would tire it out in a few minutes. I use my case to prop my tablets (i have ipad 1, transformer and touchpad) up almost always. Honestly, it has never bothered me. I do have to say that galaxy tab was very light but I did think that most weight advantages are negated with a case, the exception being official Touchpad case.
    The 37mb is because bell isn't able to properly measure data on their cdma network. I remember I would download multiple video podcasts more than a hundred gigabytes each, and never go over 20mbs on my monthly usage. I'm now on the new HSPA network, and I now have to limit my usage.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Every person I have seen with an iPad in a case has it in some kind of leather case to cover both the front and the back (as the dumb "smart cover" doesn't cover the back) - I have even seen some people that have the "smart cover" + another cover [boy that salesman was good]. These setups are almost double the thickness and weigh quite a bit more than my TouchPad and its stock cover. I have dropped my TP in its cover a couple of times and there isn't even a scuff.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12