1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I've been using Preware for a long time now and have been overclocking my Pre and Touchpad successfully. I was using the F15 kernel on my TouchPad (with success) but wanted to try the Warthog kernel, as I read it was the best.

I uninstalled the F15 kernel and restarted successfully. After installing the Warthog kernel, the TouchPad wouldn't boot. It was stuck at the HP logo. I did the soft reset button combination (power + home) and now my TouchPad is stuck in a restart loop. Every 15 seconds it will try to restart again and again until the battery is drained.

I have downloaded the doctor, but can not get it to recognize the TouchPad! On the Pre I know one can hold the volume up button and then insert the battery. This obviously doesn't work on the TouchPad. Any assistance would really save my day here.

I also want to clarify that I blace NO blame on the homebrew developers. I appreciate their work very much and perhaps one of you can help me figure this out. Thank you!
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Try membooting with either of these uImages

https://www.box.net/shared/ixlhx0vtdxy59yyfzprs
    https://www.box.net/shared/h605rzak4de838cvllum

It should get you into a state where you can boot the TP long enough to remove the package.

warthog runs at a top speed of 1.782 whereas the published F15C runs at 1.728 (just a tad slower). Apparently this is enough to cause some issues at 1.782.

The approach to warthog is to try to run my devices at the ragged edge. What this means is that it works for me but may not for other devices. unixpsycho has a 2GHz kernel running but I have not looked at the clocking code sufficiently closely to see how he is getting there.

That or he just has a chuck norris TP =D
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much for your quick response and your help. I was able to doctor the device successfully. About to put Preware on it again!

As a side note to everybody:
    I made a new webOS profile. Originally I activated the Touchpad with a German webOS profile, but now I set the app catalog to the American one - SUCESSFULLY. I was afraid that I would be stuck with the crippled German app catalog forever. I now have access to Kindle and the HP moviestore. Sadly, the app catalog still doesn't support American Express.

Thanks again!
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    ...warthog runs at a top speed of 1.782 whereas the published F15C runs at 1.728 (just a tad slower). Apparently this is enough to cause some issues at 1.782...
    yes... but warthog exhibited this perpetual reboot out-of-the-gate running @1.2Ghz....

just saying.
    Can I update Warthog from the previous Warthog or do I have to go back to the TP default kernal?