Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    So I'm bringing back this thread to share my findings post 3.0.2 and to ask for other business/enterprise users to post theirs.
    So my findings after a few days:
    The Good
    * wireless issues - fixed
    * fewer pauses
    * no unexpected reboots
    * improved text assist

The Bad
    * still no doc editing
    * still dealing with LESS FREQUENT pauses
    * still no SharePoint browser support

Still missing (understood these may not be OS issues but still required for the enterprise)
    * Citrix app (current beta not ready for prime time)
    * file sync capability or app
    * remote desktop app
    * enterprise/device management, at least be able to lock settings

that's it for me. Still not there as a enterprise device but what do you all think?
    your chances of getting sharepoint has to be slim to none.. especially since sharepoint barely supports anything but IE.
    Safari, Firefox on either Windows or OS X just isn't the same as IE

I'm looking at my office sharepoint and it operates much the same as it does on Firefox
    I'll add to that freezing up with a TMC error on some pdf's

Also needed is a way to mark up pdf_s
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    fair enough on the browser support for SharePoint but then give me an app. Both android and iphone/ipad have functional SharePoint support via apps.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    actually, the browser does support SharePoint (I use it all the time). However, it only works if I VPN through a web based proxy. If I VPN through the built in client, I get the request for logon....but nothing else. I think it either has some thing to do with DNS or authentication issues.
    WebOS continues to choke on large numbers of contacts. When I load contact from exchange server, 6,000 or so, I get TMC's and out of memory errors.

BLiip
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    WebOS continues to choke on large numbers of contacts. When I load contact from exchange server, 6,000 or so, I get TMC's and out of memory errors.

BLiip
    holy... 6000 contacts in YOUR exchange account?

wow.. i usually just use GAL for everything unless its people I contact on a very regular basis!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    holy... 6000 contacts in YOUR exchange account?

wow.. i usually just use GAL for everything unless its people I contact on a very regular basis!
    Exactly... Having more than a few hundred would drive me crazy. If I do not use it on a regular basis then it stays in GAL.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    GAL here too! 6000 is a bit crazy
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    was going to comment further on SharePoint but i think it deserves another thread. If your interested, please look out for it.
    Doc editing still puzzles me, com'on, RIM bought doc to go! Surely hp has more cash than RIM.

Its like it is not even trying.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I don't think that HP is thinking of true business, as evidenced by its decision to sync only three months forward on Google. I would like to take my Touchpad to meetings and leave laptop at home, but until I have document editting and the ability to see/schedule my calendar farther out than three months, that's not possible. So for me , it is just a better platform for Angry Birds than my Palm 2.

Palm has the potential to become the business platform, (apple has consumers pretty wrapped up). Why do they want to attack Apple when they could suck all the RIM users?
    Touchpad has issues with wifi portals. I was unable to connect to the internet at Quaility inn in Minneapolis while my Wife's ipad can. It is not able to handle mac filtered internet access. This is a must for business travelers.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalaed18 View Post
    It is not able to handle mac filtered internet access. This is a must for business travelers.
    The TouchPad is not the problem, you need to have the TouchPad MAC Address added to the Router/Access Point that is filtering the MAC Address. I have MAC Filtering turned-on on one of my home access points and it works just fine.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Noseph, not a home base mac filtering. It's from the hotel. It seems the browser is not properly handling authentication. I might have used the wrong technical term for hotel portal access, my apology. No problem with the TP using wifi home access. It's a good thing that my wife brought her IPAD but i prefer to use my TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    The TouchPad is not the problem, you need to have the TouchPad MAC Address added to the Router/Access Point that is filtering the MAC Address. I have MAC Filtering turned-on on one of my home access points and it works just fine.
    So why the iPad has no problem?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by twebst View Post
    Palm has the potential to become the business platform, (apple has consumers pretty wrapped up). Why do they want to attack Apple when they could suck all the RIM users?
    You are making a grave mistake if you think the iPad is just a consumer device, or that the Touchpad is better suited to business use.

The tablet breakdowns going into business offices pretty much mirrors sales elsewhere - 90%+ of all business tablets sold are iPads.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    You are making a grave mistake if you think the iPad is just a consumer device, or that the Touchpad is better suited to business use.

The tablet breakdowns going into business offices pretty much mirrors sales elsewhere - 90%+ of all business tablets sold are iPads.
    I don't disagree at all. I am just saying that HP can better differentiate in the business space than the consumer. My point about RIM is that I beleive given equal opportunity, Blackberry users would gravitate toward Pre rather than Iphone (keyboard) and thus be more receptive to WebOS Touchpad.
    I saw one of the article said that 90%+ fortune 500 company is supporting idevice in their work environment. So if you think Apple is only for consumer market is just totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by jalaed18 View Post
    Noseph, not a home base mac filtering. It's from the hotel. It seems the browser is not properly handling authentication. I might have used the wrong technical term for hotel portal access, my apology. No problem with the TP using wifi home access. It's a good thing that my wife brought her IPAD but i prefer to use my TP.
    Does it call up a webpage on the browser which asks you to agree to their wifi privacy terms and also perhaps log into your room?

I was able to connect this way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast