Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just saw a TV ad on TNT for the HP Touchpad for a $100 off for $399.99 !! I don't think that this a a good sign and it appears that HP are going for volume. It sucks that early adopters did not get in on this sale action but I guess that is the risk of being an early adopter... I hope this boosts sales so that lots of folks can get WebOS in their hands and become hooked
    It is too bad if they are dropping the price so quickly. I picked up a QVC special with the touchstone and case, and thought I got a good deal... that is looking pretty pathetic now.

Good news is it may help reach critical mass in terms of numbers.
    I've seen that commercial twice now. The second time i noted the URL the say to go to for the deal and it's: HP TouchPad | Tablet PC, HP webOS | HP® Official Site | U.S.

However going there redirects to a page that only shows a $50 off promo. [shrug]
    LOL you guys complain when the price is to much and when its too low. hp is in it to win it. There will always be another sale and lower prices. Hp sells all products this way. Only the fruit man locks in prices till the end.
    sinime and hparsons like this.
    it's from 8/5 to 8/8

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I do fear that this is a sign of bad sales...
    And I was in Best Buy yesterday and overheard and saw someone (HP rep, no doubt) talking with a BB saleperson showing him a printed 8.5x11 flyer that stated, "Buy and activate an HP Veer, get $150 off a Touchpad." I wonder if both items are not selling well? Or, just a way to expand the ecosystem.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    maybe not bad sales, but an overloaded supply chain. I think sales seem decent like many have said, it was over priced compared to its lack of features. Hdmi, and rear camera for one.
    I'm crossing my fingers HP can deliver on new products in a more streamlined fashion. Execution has been poor. HP needs to up the game.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbfreeheel View Post
    And I was in Best Buy yesterday and overheard and saw someone (HP rep, no doubt) talking with a BB saleperson showing him a printed 8.5x11 flyer that stated, "Buy and activate an HP Veer, get $150 off a Touchpad." I wonder if both items are not selling well? Or, just a way to expand the ecosystem.

You people are impossible. HP is damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point. This is called using scale to reach volume. Guess what? Soon you'll see "Buy an HP Envy and get a TouchPad for $200" or some such other deal.
    hparsons and Rnp like this.
  10. aal
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Just saw the ad on Slate Magazine. $399 for the 16gb version, from 8/5 to 8/7.
    Well, we've already seen a number of sources plow through most of their inventory (Amazon only has 3 32GB models left in stock), so I would say the sell through is probably pretty solid. If they did indeed sell 400-450k to retailers, then the sell through may very well be in the 300-400k range. Not too bad for an ecosystem that many hadn't heard of. If HP keeps bringing the deals, the updates, and more apps (the apps keep coming), then I think they will do quite well and may have a couple million sold in the next 2-3 months. They are just now hitting the back to school rush, so sales should pick up more than when they launched. And we can't forget about a slew of possible corporate pick-ups. HP is likely to sell quite a few through corporate sales.

We'll see, though.
    sinime likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Well, we've already seen a number of sources plow through most of their inventory (Amazon only has 3 32GB models left in stock), so I would say the sell through is probably pretty solid. If they did indeed sell 400-450k to retailers, then the sell through may very well be in the 300-400k range. Not too bad for an ecosystem that many hadn't heard of. If HP keeps bringing the deals, the updates, and more apps (the apps keep coming), then I think they will do quite well and may have a couple million sold in the next 2-3 months. They are just now hitting the back to school rush, so sales should pick up more than when they launched. And we can't forget about a slew of possible corporate pick-ups. HP is likely to sell quite a few through corporate sales.

We'll see, though.
    I believe everyone's numbers are off on amazon. Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16 GB 9.7-Inch Tablet Computer: Computer & Accessories

Those "new" 27 are other stores with them.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    hp also gives you an xbox 360 with a new laptop. Guess xbox360 isn't selling well? Na
    Fisack23, sinime, etx and 3 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    LOL you guys complain when the price is to much and when its too low. hp is in it to win it. There will always be another sale and lower prices. Hp sells all products this way. Only the fruit man locks in prices till the end.
    Exactly. With some on this forum HP is damned if they do damned if they don't. We've had threads about how HP needs to lower the price and now when prices are lowered for a limited time some on this board become "worried" or "concerned".
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I do fear that this is a sign of bad sales...
    Really? A sale or soldes that last for 3 days is a sign of bad sales? Wow! I have nothing to say to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lpantalone View Post
    It is too bad if they are dropping the price so quickly. I picked up a QVC special with the touchstone and case, and thought I got a good deal... that is looking pretty pathetic now.

Good news is it may help reach critical mass in terms of numbers.
    honestly I wouldn't feel bad, the deal was and is good. Also it is part of being an early adopter of most tech.

for me getting early, getting the accessories I knew I wanted, and getting 5 months to pay finance free. This also allowed me to get my 50 rebate and picked up the 3 year squaretrade w/ash.

also just to remind folks, this was talked about before launch, this is what HP does with their MSRP
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    hp also gives you an xbox 360 with a new laptop. Guess xbox360 isn't selling well? Na
    Thank you. Point, set, match. You just showed how flawed some people's thinking is.
    Coincides with sales tax holiday for school supplies in some states. I wouldn't panic at every unexpected turn. Some of you aren't as smart as you think you are.
    Bodob likes this.
  19. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Thank you. Point, set, match. You just showed how flawed some people's thinking is.
    Xbox 360 was launched in 2005

TP....33 days ago.

Big difference.
    Why are people bugging out & getting concerned over a price drop. I don't know what sales #'s are, but if TouchPad sales #'s are low, a price drop is a great solution to pick up sales & increase market share. Isn't that what everyone wants? For webOS to pick up market share & succeed.

Besides, the average person will not walk into their local Best Buy & say: "$100 off a TouchPad, for this weekend only huh. wow, this thing must not be selling well, I think I'll pass." Heck No! They'll more than likely say: "Wow! $100 off this new HP Tablet! I wasn't planning on picking one up, but for $400, this is a sweet deal. I think I'll get one."

This sale is a good thing folks. Besides, I'm sure we can expect to see crazy sales & bundles in the future. HP is constantly having sales like this on their laptops & printers, so it's no surprise they are doing this with webOS products.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast