Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes
    Discount - Temporary # Drop - eternal

Everybody loves discounts & promotions... me too!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    As many of us who purchase things from HP said the moment they announced the price for the TouchPad, WELL before release, this is how HP markets. When they said they were matching the iPad price structure for MSRP, I was unconcerned because as I and others stated at the time HP sets their MSRP comparable to other products they want their devices compared to, then run discounts to bring it down to the price of lower "tier" products. In this case they set the MSRP to match the iPad, then run promos and discounts to bring the price in-line with the Transformer. This is part of HP's marketing strategy, it has been for quite a while.
    splitsick and ahitz like this.
    What should I do?!

I am going to wait till Friday but should I get it from Staples through the Kiosk? Or hope OM will accept staples coupons.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    What should I do?!

I am going to wait till Friday but should I get it from Staples through the Kiosk? Or hope OM will accept staples coupons.
    I would definitely try Staples first. Let us know if you have any luck!
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Great news, cheaper touchpads = more touchpads that will = more apps!
    Let's keep it on topic and avoid the personal comments, please.

Thread cleaned.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    Great news, cheaper touchpads = more touchpads that will = more apps!
    I wouldn't bet on that. Using that logic, there should be tons of Pixis & Pres out in the wild since they were basically giving them away for a while.

As good as WebOS is at its core, no one wants a TP because there's simply no value in it. At least to the mainstream consumer. We love to spin this stuff as positive here, but the truth of the matter is that these deep cuts in such a short amount of time are a strong indication that it's just not selling well.

So they've managed to tick off their base (which is dwindling as it is) & early adopters by not pricing it accordingly to begin with, and also racking up a bunch of lackluster reviews because they rushed the product out to keep some deadline. Not a good position to be in for anyone involved.
    Gotta see what deals HP is gonna give me in about 20 minutes.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    price is down $100 on Amazon
    HP TouchPad Tablet | HP® Official Site | U.S.

The promo is active now, but not even HP's store reflects the pricing yet. Amazon does (like usual).

Every other store either has the $50 rebate or none at all (for now). Now its time to play the waiting game until they update their websites.

Edit:
    BrandsMartUSA reflects the new price change now. http://www.brandsmartusa.com/SearchP...BbGwoRmFsc2Up0

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    HP TouchPad Tablet | HP® Official Site | U.S.

The promo is active now, but not even HP's store reflects the pricing yet. Amazon does (like usual).
    Hmm. Weird. Do you know when they will?
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    Hmm. Weird. Do you know when they will?
    Hopefully sometime today (Friday). Most retailers take a while (few hours to half a day) to reflect price changes.

I'm waiting to see the HP Academy discount + $100 rebate + $30 coupon deal. If it works, I plan on buying it straight from HP.

Hopefully sometime today (Friday). Most retailers take a while (few hours to half a day) to reflect price changes.

I'm waiting to see the HP Academy discount + $100 rebate + $30 coupon deal. If it works, I plan on buying it straight from HP.
    Thanks!

Guess I will check back at 8am!
    its not the 5th across the us yet.... Just saying, probably not based on local time
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    its not the 5th across the us yet.... Just saying, probably not based on local time
    I know. Not in any rush.

I know. Not in any rush.
    sorry wasn't in reply to you, a couple posts came in between when I had loaded the tab then making my post. Didn't mean for it to seem like a direct reply to you at all.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    sorry wasn't in reply to you, a couple posts came in between when I had loaded the tab then making my post. Didn't mean for it to seem like a direct reply to you at all.
    Whatev's

lol
    Just read this on engadget

Hp touchpad $200 off at staples this weekend.

HP TouchPad now $200 off at Staples -- it's like Christmas in August -- Engadget

But all the staples are out of stock of the 16gb in houston but office depot will honor the staples coupon. Just thought precentral should know.
    Here's what I did earlier today ...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3056415

milominderbinde likes this.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234