Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 80
Like Tree26Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    They know installed base is the most important factor when courting developers. So they will continue to be aggressive.
    the way they initially priced this, and those who kept argueing high price is a good idea to creat premium image, you wouldn't know they thought what you are saying now.

    Lower prices is always good, just wish they had the foresight and used the valuable launch day spot light. Instead of this kind of effort that has far less reach.



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I cant believe people are complaining about. I knew the only reason HP launched at 499 and 599 is so that they could have some leverage when advertising their sales. We knew this would happen. This round of the device cycle is all about getting webOS into as many hands as possible. There will continue to be bundles and promotions well into the xmas shopping season as HP continues to leverage their supply chain and partners.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see them practically giving these things away come December. They know installed base is the most important factor when courting developers. So they will continue to be aggressive.
    Absolutely correct. Most of these posters just don't know anything about marketing. They truly believe HP should have practically given them out from day one.
    octiny and sinime like this.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Hey those who bought it with the $50 "making things right" coupon, all I can say is...

    Ah, I've been enjoying the TouchPad for over a month and keep finding it more and more usefull every day. I paid 600, then BB had a $20 off sale (online only) so I took it back to get it price matched, or whatever they call it, so I paid 580. With the 50 making things right rebate, I'll be down to 530.

    SO, even if they dropped the price of the 32GB by $100 for a 3 day sale, I'm still fine with having paid $30 to get something over a month in advance. This happens all the time in the electronics world and everyone here seems to think HP the only one doing it. Why so, "glass is half full"? Besides, I thought some stores were running out of TouchPad stock last week. How does that equate to poor sales?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    This happens all the time in the electronics world
    in a month, drop $100 for a three day sale, happens all the time? example?
  5. #45  
    So what's stopping someone from going to Staples and picking up the TouchPad that has been discounted to $399, then using the Staples coupon for $100, and only paying $299 total (tax free weekend here in NC!)?!?! The "discount" price is not TECHNICALLY a coupon, so it shouldn't conflict right?! I'ma give this a try!!
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by glacierwookie View Post
    So what's stopping someone from going to Staples and picking up the TouchPad that has been discounted to $399, then using the Staples coupon for $100, and only paying $299 total (tax free weekend here in NC!)?!?! The "discount" price is not TECHNICALLY a coupon, so it shouldn't conflict right?! I'ma give this a try!!


    Which staples has it for 399!

    Everyone by me and online has it for 449!
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    Which staples has it for 399!

    Everyone by me and online has it for 449!
    Because the discount isn't in effect yet. It's from 8/5/11 to 8/7/11. We'll see if it works. I don't see why they wouldn't let you do it, because they're going to get reimbursed by HP for the $100 coupon anyway.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by glacierwookie View Post
    Because the discount isn't in effect yet. It's from 8/5/11 to 8/7/11. We'll see if it works. I don't see why they wouldn't let you do it, because they're going to get reimbursed by HP for the $100 coupon anyway.
    True. I am going to my staples tomorrow then. Getting it for $300 would be AMAZING!
    glacierwookie likes this.
  9. #49  
    I personally don't own stock in HP. The ONLY reason I care how well they sell is because I want a larger user base to inspire more 3d party development. So I'll let HP decide how to sell the most TP's, and I'll stalk until I can find the most affordable purchase point (which may be this weekend).

    I think that is pretty much the sentiment of the VAST majority of users, but you would never know it from reading this thread.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I do fear that this is a sign of bad sales...
    Seriously?? You consider a 3 day sale (which, I might add, is very typical for HP) to be a sign of bad sales? Why?

    This sale was probably in the pipeline before the product was released, if not then shortly after.

    Again, this SOP for HP.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    maybe not bad sales, but an overloaded supply chain. I think sales seem decent like many have said, it was over priced compared to its lack of features. Hdmi, and rear camera for one.
    I'm crossing my fingers HP can deliver on new products in a more streamlined fashion. Execution has been poor. HP needs to up the game.
    That must be it, and overloaded supply chain. So overloaded that HP was sending out 32gb versions of the TouchPad to those that ordered 16gb, because they didn't have any.

    If sales were decent, then it wasn't over-priced. Execution has actually been pretty good. They hit the time frame they predicted several months ago, and are agressively selling the TouchPads.
    splitsick likes this.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Hey those who bought it with the $50 "making things right" coupon, all I can say is...
    There was never any $50 "making things right" coupon. PreCentral reported that was the case, but HP specifically stated that it was not. There was an early adopters rebate. Of course, if you waited for the $100 off, that's a better deal, but then you would have missed a month of use. Hard to say if it's worth it or not, but it is what it is.

    There were deals to be had from the beginning though, if a person looked for them. I got $110 off my release date HP ($50 early adopters rebate + 10% discount from Best Buy).

    Plus I didn't have to wait a month, and buy the 16gb version.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    If HP gonna to discount it for $100 anyway, why not do it from start when it has all the spot light? Now its a product out of a bunch others, and only those who actively looking for it will notice the discount.

    What a wasted opportunity. Touchpad is not Envy or calculator, this market is not as forgiving for a new kid.

    The marketing is ridiculous, as if HP is marketing this thing exactly how they marketing their laptops or printers.
    Yeah, HP is a "new kid". What do they no about marketing comptuers? I think they should come on here so the folks that have no real interest in owning their products can tell them how they should market them...
    /sarcasm
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    ...Lower prices is always good, just wish they had the foresight and used the valuable launch day spot light. Instead of this kind of effort that has far less reach.
    If they had started with a lower price, special sales and bundling would not be an option, they'd have no margin to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Absolutely correct. Most of these posters just don't know anything about marketing. They truly believe HP should have practically given them out from day one.
    Yep.
  15. #55  
    I think that $100 off for 2 days is just through HP. That's what it seems. So then you can't combine the staples coupon.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I think that $100 off for 2 days is just through HP. That's what it seems. So then you can't combine the staples coupon.
    Guess we shall wait and see till tomorrow.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I think that $100 off for 2 days is just through HP. That's what it seems. So then you can't combine the staples coupon.
    Where did you get your info on it just being through HP? I haven't seen anything stating that.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I think that $100 off for 2 days is just through HP. That's what it seems. So then you can't combine the staples coupon.
    Found this on Slickdeals forums. Apparently OfficeMax and HHGregg will have the TouchPad for $399 for the 5th-7th. I'm going to assume (I know, I know) that Staples will too. Crossing my fingers that they will, or that OfficeMax will honor the Staples coupon!!
    Slickdeals.net - View Single Post - HP Touchpad Tablet - 16GB $399 (starting 08/05)
    Slickdeals.net - View Single Post - HP Touchpad Tablet - 16GB $399 (starting 08/05)
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Ah, I've been enjoying the TouchPad for over a month and keep finding it more and more usefull every day. I paid 600, then BB had a $20 off sale (online only) so I took it back to get it price matched, or whatever they call it, so I paid 580. With the 50 making things right rebate, I'll be down to 530.

    SO, even if they dropped the price of the 32GB by $100 for a 3 day sale, I'm still fine with having paid $30 to get something over a month in advance. This happens all the time in the electronics world and everyone here seems to think HP the only one doing it. Why so, "glass is half full"? Besides, I thought some stores were running out of TouchPad stock last week. How does that equate to poor sales?
    I wasn't saying anything about sales, just saying from a dealhunting perspective.

    I'm a cheapskate.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by glacierwookie View Post
    Where did you get your info on it just being through HP? I haven't seen anything stating that.
    I had just assumed because the commercial showed an hp url.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions