Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By noktomezo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I use google calendar, as does my boyfriend. We both put our schedules on there and share the calendars. On my Pre, I can see his calendar just fine. On the touchpad it only shows my calendar. It shows his calendar as an option on the top and it is selected, just doesn't show it. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I found that the calendar app takes a long time to load calendars when first setting up. Give it time and you will find the other calendars will eventually show up. Don't forget to hit the "sync now" button in the drop-down menu.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I figured that a month was a reasonable time to wait for it to work...Maybe another month?
    Stevesrjr86 and khe05 like this.
    does it show up in the calandar preferences? -- you might be able to add his calandar as an account or try uninstall - reinstall your calandar -- look in the accounts and make sure his calandar is checked on in there

throw the TP against the wall -- kidding? i have had a lot of problems with the calandar on the pre 2 ( the pre + worked flawlessly) i am not sure how i feel about the touchpad's calandar yet
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Yeah, a month seems like a long time to wait for a calendar to show up. I woulddelete the account entirely in the calendar and then re-load it from scratch.

I have ~15 google calendars and they all work on the TouchPad.
    I am having similar problems with mine and my wife's. Also, occasionally hers will just completely drop an event. It will be on the calendar on Google, but not on her phone. If I go in and manually change it on Google (add a space, etc), then it appears again. (This only happens on continuing events)

Is there a time limit on continuing events?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have had this problem today as well on my TouchPad. I have 4 different calendars in Google and today, 2 of them were not showing in the calendar though you could see them selected in the top bar. All were shown on my Pre+ however. What I did was went into Google Calendar on my laptop. I then selected the events of the calendars that were missing and selected "duplicate" I then deleted the original and then synched my TouchPad calendar and the missing calendars and their events were back. At least for this month. Very weird behaviour, since my Pre was always showing them and I use the same profile for both.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    unload and reload the account fixes things.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Seems google calendar is back to not synching one specific calendar and it happens to be my work one. I removed google from my accounts and install again and it synched them all back quickly except for just one Oh well, I guess I'll have to see what else I can do. Strange that it shows in the calendar list but won't display. Still works on my Pre+ though.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Try adding a calendar entry from the TP to the calendar that is not sync'ing. I did this and then all calendars showed up!
    Google syncs to my TP but from my TP to the google server it does not sync.

I added one event on my TP and waited over 5 hours for it to sync I finally deleted it and added it to the google server. It synced to TP.

The Pre 2 on WebOS 2.0.1 had this same exact problem. It's great to see that after all this time this issue is still NOT fixed on the Pre 2... Waiting for webOS update 2.1, and now the issue remains on the TP