1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/11/2011 at 01:05 AM.
    The July one had a few NA on my canadian touchpad. I still dont have august so cant coment on that. Are you sure you are in august? Because those apps were in July I could almost swear.

I just want HP to kill region locking all together, then have filters for language that I can change.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    I just want HP to kill region locking all together, then have filters for language that I can change.
    I second that x 1000! I do not know why the would build that in. If there was some legal reason it would be nice to hear some sort of announcement saying for example " It is still hung up in Court, but will be out soon..blah..blah". I know they are afraid of ****ing people off if they do not make the deadline, but no news is a killer. I think if they were more open about the development delays the tone would be a lot different on these forums. Of Course you would have your "Babies"crying about anything but they would be in the minority, right now it seems to be the other way.

I just do not like the silence.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    My UK Pivot is still July (to make sure I did a restart)?

Regarding the region thing if other countries are having to wait for Pivot and region specific apps then we should have own app store and pivot?
    I think we in Europe still don't have the August Pivot because all the apps that are mentioned in it are not available in Europe :-P So there is no point in releasing de August edition here...
    If so then someone should tell us officially and we should as I said above have our own versions the same goes for the rest of the world.

But as dcbo89 said
    The July one had a few NA on my Canadian touchpad
    and so did some on the UK version so they do have some editorial work being done to make it region specific?
    Even across UK, Germany and France there is variance between which apps are included in Pivot.

Availability of some apps may be holding back release, but I think Pivot wlll mostly focus on apps which have already been released.
    Good to know I'm not alone, I too don't have the new Pivot (in UK)
    Me neither.. (Portugal, using Spanish catalogue)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    in the netherlands it's still July aswell.. Even wrote them an email to question about it, but they didnt reply sofar. I dont understand why for example nfs isn't available here (see the n/a too), they just miss out on a (small) load of cash by not selling it here..
    no August pivot in Canada yet...
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    One of the HP guys said, in another thread there is a problem and they are working on it.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I think its safe to say HP are very US focused, in many ways.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Aug Pivot roll out began last week for EU...but HP weren't aware that end-users weren't seeing it. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.