• 7 Post By jkendrick
  • 1 Post By sledge007
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    <staff edit>

The forums here are full of people with the latest update, declaring the bugs they had experienced before being taken care of.

I personally tried the TP out the week it was debuted, and didnt see any of the problems reported - it was blazingly fast and very responsive out of the gate, and I posted so, here.

I think this post and the video is more about the Homebrew community, and, they certainly do deserve kudos, IMO.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/03/2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: quote deleted - original deleted
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

mine runs just fine with the stock kernel and the help of a few patches. But I'm gonna overclock it just because I can :-)
    leonkehoe, the Touchpad performs well without overclocking. Mine is pretty fast. Some people like to push the limits on things. I'm sure this video is for anyone who wants to overclock their Touchpad, not specifically for you.

thanks jkendrick for taking the time to make this.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    Thanks for sharing the video, but I couldn't care less. We shouldn't have to overclock a product to make it perform how it should have done in the first place.
    Did you click on his link before posting in his thread? He clearly writes that the Touchpad performed well without the overclock:

"I applied the OTA system update as soon as it was available and was impressed with the improvement over the TouchPad as released by HP. I then applied homebrew patches to make it even better and the result was spectacular. My TouchPad was running almost as well as the iPad, which is the goal in the tablet world.

Last night I decided to take it a step further with the homebrew stuff, and applied a test kernel that overclocks my TouchPad to 1.7 GHz. This has been a very stable upgrade that doesn’t impact battery life much, yet has made my TouchPad as fast as any tablet I have used. Opening apps is almost instantaneous, and the entire system operation is as smooth and fast as can be."
    Same here, worked fine without the overclock..... My car works fine without speeding.....
    kjb86 likes this.
    <staff edit>

I personally can't wait for UberKernel to graduate from the testing feeds cause I'd love to see how fast my TP gets when it's running at 2.0 Ghz... It will probably make me so happy I'll end up sending another donation to the WebOS Internals team. We gotta take care of these guys!

-Jeremy
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/03/2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: quote deleted - original deleted
    regardless of how well it runs without overclocking, the TP is always scaling frequencies. If it ever jumps to 1.7 ghz it's because it needed to, to avoid slow down. Otherwise it will go all the way down to 192mhz. I'd let it scale to 2.3ghz for 10 seconds if it would avoid slowdown. Everyone should OC their Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkendrick View Post
    Enjoy your work on ZDNet... one of handful in the blogosphere who is not excessively petty or shows an excessive bias. Must be fun when all of the writers get together.

Come on, dish a little dirt for us on your fellow journalists... (just joking)

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Thanks again for showing this off
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Keep up the good work, James!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    <staff edit>
    I think this post and the video is more about the Homebrew community, and, they certainly do deserve kudos, IMO.
    I agree. Homebrew is what sets Webos apart from the rest!
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    everyone should overclock everything they own