Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not sure if this belongs in this forum but figured I'd start here.

I have two email accounts I use; one gmail and one hotmail.

The Email App and Gmail keeps in sync with what I have read on other computers.

The Email App and hotmail don't keep in sync what I have read on other computers.

Of course live.com does not work in the browser so I am stuck with the email app and would like not to have to figure out what I have read.

Anyone else having problems with Hotmail in the Email App related to message not getting marked as read?

Really just more of an annoyance.
    Yes, my big complaint is that, & for some reason when first setting up my email on TP I got 200-250 new emails. Now here is the biggie for me, I went through ALL of them "select/view", then after maybe a few hours I decided to restart the TP. Once it came back on, I noticed I had email per notification, I opened the app and watched all of the emails I had "viewed" were reappearing as unread! Me=passed :-(
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    you can force Hotmail to use active sync instead of the default settings it chooses when you just put in the address and let it setup on it's own and it works a lot better. I found the PC article on it using Manual Setup.

the instructions aren't for the TouchPad but they give the general idea of choosing Exchange and Manual setup
    Is it MS blocking the browser, or that browser that needs to be enabled to work with live.
    [sorry the below post was originally in a separate thread that was merged with this one, if that helps explain the course change.]

Am I missing something? Please see attached. email_2011-03-08_111820.png

Why do all my email messages look like jumbled text and hyperlinks with none of the formatting that would otherwise appear in outlook or the webmail site?

My blackberry can see this same message with images and formatting that should be with this message but my TouchPad doesn't even have the inserted images as attachments.

Am I missing a preference somewhere that turns on images and fixes this?

ADDING:
    This is a Hotmail account.

I am also connecting to Hotmail as an exchange account, not pop3.
    Last edited by Downtime500; 08/03/2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Are you using Hotmail?
    None of my three email accounts have that behavior. I'm not using Hotmail though (Yahoo, Gmail and Outlook are what I use).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yes Hotmail.

Hotmail is the issue. That's the only service that seems to cause problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    Yes Hotmail.

Hotmail's Exchange server is 2003 which doesn't support HTML coding on mobile devices. iOS and Android apparently have a client based work around for it and I believe there is someone current attempting to make a homebrew patch to do the same for us.
    Crap, I was hoping it was a preference somewhere. Thanks Newman.

After a month on my TouchPad this is probably the largest annoyance I have. I thought it was normal until I started seeing other screen shots of email with cleanly formatted messages with embedded images.

Anyone have any guesses as to why Hotmail is a problem?
    Last edited by Downtime500; 08/03/2011 at 02:57 PM.
    look at the post from Orion just above yours for the explanation
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Hotmail's Exchange server is 2003 which doesn't support HTML coding on mobile devices. iOS and Android apparently have a client based work around for it and I believe there is someone current attempting to make a homebrew patch to do the same for us.
    Beautiful, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    look at the post from Orion just above yours for the explanation
    We must of posted at the same time, I saw that after the page refresh.

Thanks guys.
    Although Hotmail has my primary email account, I've never much liked how Hotmail worked on the Pre, Pre 2 or Touchpad. I've been duplicating my Hotmail emails on gmail and it works for me. I also received that box email and it formats beautifully in gmail on the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Although Hotmail has my primary email account, I've never much liked how Hotmail worked on the Pre, Pre 2 or Touchpad. I've been duplicating my Hotmail emails on gmail and it works for me. I also received that box email and it formats beautifully in gmail on the TouchPad.
    The lack of IMAP in hotmail got me to sign up for gmail after we got the Pre's, have now mostly switched over to gmail, but we both have our hotmail accounts for the random stuff we didn't transfer over, with gmail pulling from hotmail and pushing to mobile devices.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    The lack of IMAP in hotmail got me to sign up for gmail after we got the Pre's, have now mostly switched over to gmail, but we both have our hotmail accounts for the random stuff we didn't transfer over, with gmail pulling from hotmail and pushing to mobile devices.
    I've never liked the idea of gmail snooping through my email looking for marketing fodder. So I'll stick with Hotmail that I've had since 1996. It will be fixed or patch one of these days.
    Maybe in 2014 when Microsoft kills support for Exchange 2003 they will upgrade their service..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    I've never liked the idea of gmail snooping through my email looking for marketing fodder. So I'll stick with Hotmail that I've had since 1996. It will be fixed or patch one of these days.
    Yeah and I don't much like microsoft, and really don't trust them any more than gmail or yahoo. It is what it is.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Maybe in 2014 when Microsoft kills support for Exchange 2003 they will upgrade their service..
    Unless they pay for enterprise support where it can get extended until 2018.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast