Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Yeah and I don't much like microsoft, and really don't trust them any more than gmail or yahoo. It is what it is.
    True.
    [sorry the below post was originally in a separate thread that was merged with this one, if that helps explain the course change. This post is meant to come after post #4]

When you add Hotmail to the TouchPad it defaults to setup as a POP3 account, but I use Hotmail as an Exchange account and it's very simple to set up. The instructions above are good for a phone, below is how you do it on a TouchPad.

1. With the Email Preferences & Accounts screen open, click on "Add Account".
    2. Select "Microsoft Exchange".
    3. Close/Hide the keyboard. (it covers the button you need in step 4)
    4. Select "Manual Setup".
    5. Fill in the "Incoming Mail Server" fields:
    -- Server = https://m.hotmail.com
    -- Domain = [leave blank]
    -- Username = example@hotmail.com (or @msn.com or @live.com)
    -- Password = [your password]
    6. Click "Sign In"
    7. Follow the final sync steps.
    8. Return to "Preferences & Accounts" screen and select your new account and change the signature and default preferences as you desire.

This should give you Exchange type syncing of Email and Calendar that will mirror in Outlook on your desktop, when you login in the browser, or on other devices.
    Last edited by Downtime500; 08/03/2011 at 04:53 PM.
    I quit using Hotmail completely - they have one of the worst Spam filters on the market. Not a fan of Google, but at least they catch 99.9% of the spam that got through my Hotmail account.
    <<threads merged - this thread answers all of the Hotmail questions in the first few posts>>
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<threads merged - this thread answers all of the Hotmail questions in the first few posts>>
    Uhm... ok. can you move #22 to after #4 as it was meant to answer the earlier question in that original thread? I have my answer for the latter part.
    Um.. no... can't rearrange as they sort by time/day. Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I quit using Hotmail completely - they have one of the worst Spam filters on the market. Not a fan of Google, but at least they catch 99.9% of the spam that got through my Hotmail account.
    Yeah most of what goes to my hotmail any more is old marketing/advertising stuff (like my crutchfield e-mails).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12