Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by schizzle1352 View Post
    no, and nor will I. And as I am on Sprint and on the original Pre, I will be leaving WebOS behind in about another month.

while I understand that it's not necessarily the best example of what they got wrong, it is one more thing. And I DO consider myself to be more of the typical consumer than most of us on the forums (in that I have no allegiance to the OS). If such an ommision turns me off of a device that is "suppossed" to compete with the iPad or Galaxy, then it too will turn off most of the consumers who know nothing about WebOS.

"and that," to paraphrase Yoda, "is why it will fail"
    So, we have yet another TouchPad non-owner telling us the device will fail, and then presuming to speak for us claiming we're marginalized.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    the only benefit i can see of a rear camera is for augmented reality which could really make use of the larger screen. For example, in the UK the fruit company are currently running adds for their pad which features an app that tells you the name of the constellations with the use of AR.
    That, I can see. But I really don't think I'd do this with a 10" table. Plus, the (current) TouchPad doesn't have a GPS. I think both would make more sense on the upcoming 7" tablet.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So, we have yet another TouchPad non-owner telling us the device will fail, and then presuming to speak for us claiming we're marginalized.
    okay, let me try to rephrase it.

I like WebOS, and would happily stick with it if it were made available to me in a device that i would use. But I get a good corporate price break on the price of Sprint, and am not leaving that just to get a Pre3.

Additionally, i don't think, as a consumer who knows there are other options available, that i would want to walk around like that kid in the Verizon commercial who has a utility belt to hold all of his various devices. I'm a minimalist and a boy scout. SO i like to always "Be Prepared." Even if i only used it once, it's still better than the current requirement of trying to shoot it with my Pre camera, sending it to myself, opening it on the TP, and then submitting and viewing it in a more appropriate scale.

And yes, while i have never used or owned a TP, or any other tablet for that matter, I am simply voicing my displeasure at a company that i used to want to believe in leaving me less than interested in their products. I don't want to be an iLemming, but HP isn't doing anything to appeal to the WebOS non-homers and the common consumer or the people who work at the electronics retail stores of the world. I simply used the QR code reader and lack of rear camera as my avenue as it looks like one of the best missed opportunities.
    Quote Originally Posted by schizzle1352 View Post
    okay, let me try to rephrase it.

Additionally, i don't think, as a consumer who knows there are other options available, that i would want to walk around like that kid in the Verizon commercial who has a utility belt to hold all of his various devices. I'm a minimalist and a boy scout. SO i like to always "Be Prepared." Even if i only used it once, it's still better than the current requirement of trying to shoot it with my Pre camera, sending it to myself, opening it on the TP, and then submitting and viewing it in a more appropriate scale.
    But, in this case, you'd still be "like that kid in the Verizon commercial who has a utility belt". The phone (that has the camera) would still be in your "belt", you'd just pull the 10" tablet for your photo, instead of the 3.5" - 4" phone.

You're point would be valid if the TP could replace a phone. The current iteration cannot.

As long as our phones have cameras, I'd say this was a very minimal "compromise". If mine had a rear facing camera in it, I don't think I'd use it. The only exception (for me) that I can can think of is the "alternate reality" uses, and I'd say even those, if I had a phone that had a rear facing camera and a gyro/gps combo (which again, the TP doesn't have that either).

I do hope they have a tablet with a rear facing camera. I don't care about it in a 10%, but think it would be usable in a 7" (and again, I think they should include the gyro/gps, but should also have a phone radio in it as well). They definitely should have the rear facing camera in their phones (along with gyro/gps).
    Oh yeah, should have mentioned. I also hope we see the devices on Sprint soon as well. I don't think it'll be soon enough for Sprint to keep me as a customer (almost 10 years now), but maybe it'll help stem some of the customer losses.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12