Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    Hey laoh,

You got Touchstone for $63.32! That is a nice deal! Do you know whether you got it at that price since you bundled it with TP?
    Well if you look closely, not all the $100 was applied to TP and I think the diff was applied to touchstone instead. The register probably breaks out the discount by ratio of the price of the products. So I guess better to buy individually if you want full $100 to apply to TP. I didn't know this until after I came home.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    I did the same thing at HHGregg last night. Staples didn't have any 16GB in stock, so I went to HHGregg with my $100.00 of coupon. They had the TP for 449 and they took my 100 off coupon. I'll go back today and get another 50 off because they have that low price guarantee where they will match their own price within xx number of days after your purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Well if you look closely, not all the $100 was applied to TP and I think the diff was applied to touchstone instead. The register probably breaks out the discount by ratio of the price of the products. So I guess better to buy individually if you want full $100 to apply to TP. I didn't know this until after I came home.
    Yeah..Saw that.. TP for $316 and $16 discount for Touchstone.. Thanks..
    I am looking for a Touchstone deal.. I thought this would be a good deal..
    Anyways, I will keep checking amazon.com
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I just called them and they said they wouldn't match the instant rebate; maybe I'll try a different store.

I would definitely buy the 16GB for $299. Has anyone gotten that yet?
    The instant rebate shows up on Staples.com, so they are offering both the $100 instant rebate from HP and the $100 for Staples.

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    why am I all giddy? I'm heading out t get me a 16 gigger as soon as I leave work. Yeeeehawww!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Ok ordered at the staples store the 16 gb touchpad! Got the price at 299 w the coupon and online discount! The were hasseling me that I couldnt use both but I then told them the in-store office max price was 399 reg price n they had them in stock! They checked and then agreed that I could use the coupon after they price matched office depot! They look at u like ur stupid but in reality its just using their policies against them! I luv giving it 2 the man! Maybe ur advertising depts should watch what they r doing! It sucks that they treat u badly when all ur doing is being a savvy shopper and any 1 of those idiots would do the same thing if they were smart enough! Anyway I will get my tp on monday and I am very happy to be coming back to webos and my great deal! That is all I woulda spent anyway!
    No staples seem to have the 16 gb in stock. Anyone know of a NY area store that is willing to order one and honor both the HP instant rebate and the Staples $100 coupon? (they will not honor it online)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if HHgregg will accept the staples coupon?
    Quote Originally Posted by hubcapjw View Post
    Ok ordered at the staples store the 16 gb touchpad! Got the price at 299 w the coupon and online discount! The were hasseling me that I couldnt use both but I then told them the in-store office max price was 399 reg price n they had them in stock! They checked and then agreed that I could use the coupon after they price matched office depot! They look at u like ur stupid but in reality its just using their policies against them! I luv giving it 2 the man! Maybe ur advertising depts should watch what they r doing! It sucks that they treat u badly when all ur doing is being a savvy shopper and any 1 of those idiots would do the same thing if they were smart enough! Anyway I will get my tp on monday and I am very happy to be coming back to webos and my great deal! That is all I woulda spent anyway!
    I have to say, that is the most I have ever enjoyed reading a post that badly worded.
    I may be making a pilgrimage this evening.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have to say, that is the most I have ever enjoyed reading a post that badly worded.
    doing it from my ****ty android phone and typing fast cause im at work
    My suggestion from witnessing countless pricematch-type sd/fatwallet-effect deals is that you go in as soon as you can. By the time you get off work and stroll on over, enough ppl would've stopped by the store, enough managers would have seen the deal, and corporate would have sent an email out about the deal to shut it down. If you have to take a 2-hour lunch from work, do it.
    Here is my purchase from Staples. They didnt have any in stock, so he checked the system and had this shipped to me the next day.

I think I now need to go back to Staples in an attempt to get the extra $50 applied, and I still hope I get that $50 making it right, although I am sending the QVC bundled deal back today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Manager in Office Depot (downtown Manhattan) refused to honor the coupon. First he called it a fake. When he saw that it was real, he told me to go to Staples to use it. Quite nasty. Two Staples in downtown refused to honor the coupon, as well.
    I called Staples and they only had 32GB @ -$50. I told him they dropped the price by $100 on both. He checked and said they had the wrong prices up. I asked about the $100 off coupon and he said they'd take it as well. I don't think he was a manager though.

So I called OD to see if they had the 16GB. They did and I asked if they'd accept the Staples $100 coupon. She asked the manager and he said yes. I go to OD. I said I was the one that called and gave him the coupon. He called the manager to verify the coupon because it was for $100. The manager took the coupon and returned with a 16GB touchpad. They tried to sell me insurance at $119. I said no thanks and bought a case.

$300 was my magic price point. The $350 last week was tempting, but this pushed me over the hill. Now let's see what this puppy can do!
    Finally, I got my TouchPad ordered! It took a while, and a lot of driving but it was worth it.

I called all my stores in town and asked if they had any 16gb in stock. All of them said no, They talked about how it was $399 and I said "I had a $100 off coupon, can I come in store and order it and get it for $299." Two of them said yes.

When I got to the first Staples the guy gave me a hard time and tried to tell me the coupon was the instant rebate. Said it rings up for $299 on our system, but can't order it through the Kiosk for you. This guy was different than I talked to on the phone.

So I went to the other Staples (which is a pain to drive to) and I made sure I talked with the guy I talked on the phone with. I told him I talked to him on the phone and he just placed the order for the TouchPad with no questions asked. Just like a normal transaction. There was a guy in their tech support department that talked about being a WebOS fan but he didn't have a need for a tablet. I told him this deal is too good to pass up.

That store I could have literally pressed the easy button. Not so true with my other experiences. The TP will be shipping to my house by the 10th. It'll be a nice early birthday gift.

For $500 the TouchPad is not the best tablet on the market. For $400 bucks the TouchPad might be the best tablet on the market, and for $300 the TouchPad is definitely, without a doubt, the best tablet on the market. Best of luck to everyone else out there.
    damn! $299!! I wasnt even going to buy a tablet but now I cant say no. Even if I dont use the thing I will give it to my mother and just sell her nook color. Leave for staples now.
    ugh my store doesn't have them yet. Now they are saying they have a 32gb somewhere should I take this deal?
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MxChino View Post
    Does anyone know if HHgregg will accept the staples coupon?
    Yes (in my area anyways), see my post 6 spots above yours...
    I just had Office Depot accept my Staples coupon. My local Staples had no 16GB in stock so I tried Office Depot. I "had" to sign up for the reward program, but I got an awesome deal of a TP for $300 on a tax free weekend. I also apply for a $44 two year accidental plan by Office Depot that I might jump on.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    OK I checked every staples on long island. No 16gb in any. Some have no 32gb. I purchased the last 32gb for my store. 14day return policy so now I have 14days to find a better deal.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast