Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    Not big on coupons, so im not sure, but "Coupon not valid unless sent directly from Staples." Does that mean you have to have been mailed this rebate? or do you print it from the site?
    I printed my from the link the op provided, took it in and stated I was interested in buying the 16gb TP. After the guy came over, I showed him the coupon I had, he took it, didnt make a fuss, then applied it after it to the purchase.

No questions asked, but as we all know, it can be about the luck of the draw. I also went ahead and joined fatwallet so I could use this as a reference of discussion if asked questions by a store rep. I say try it, if one store doesnt take it, move on to the next.
    Christ this is so freaking tempting **breath**.....
    this is very exciting news. Might have to take a trip to staples. Ive been wanting a TP badly but the price has been keeping me away.

Anyone notice this review on the staples site. Its a real face palmer. God forbid you need a Wifi connection to use a Wifi only product.

By JT

from Florida

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

Cons

Hard To Setup
    Slow

Best Uses

None

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet 9.7" with Wi-Fi, 32GB:

Thought HP may have gotten this tablet right, but was really frustrated when I turned it on and found I could not even browse the tablet without a WiFi connection. When I did get the WiFi set up I find that once again I can go no further without first creating a webOS account. I am not a computer novice and fully aware that I had a solid, strong WiFi signal, yet it took over a half hour, and numerous tries, to get the Touchpad to connect. Is this the future of cloud computing?

I found opening apps to be tedious at best, in my opinion a very slow response each time. Sorry HP, I think you blew it on this one. Returned in less than 24 hours!
    What an outrage! I've been enjoying my TouchPad for weeks now! Did I mention ENJOYING???

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    best buy WILL honor the coupon but you have to go through some hassle at some stores.

I tried this myself and initially got the brush off by my local store. i then went to twitter to hit up the best best buy rep EVER; @coralbestbuy and explained the issue to her. She said that under the corporate terms of their price match policy that they are indeed supposed to match the coupon as a price match.

the store still gave me some problems so @coralbestbuy called the store personally, and spoke to the reps and manager so that things would be taken care of properly.

if anyone has any trouble with best buy trying to not honor the staples coupon from staples, hit her up on twitter or use the Best Buy FB page - she is on there as well.

tell her @whiteasianrose sent ya heh
    I had planned on picking one up in the next few weeks and now I get a nice bonus!
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro80 View Post
    best buy WILL honor the coupon but you have to go through some hassle at some stores.

I tried this myself and initially got the brush off by my local store. i then went to twitter to hit up the best best buy rep EVER; @coralbestbuy and explained the issue to her. She said that under the corporate terms of their price match policy that they are indeed supposed to match the coupon as a price match.

the store still gave me some problems so @coralbestbuy called the store personally, and spoke to the reps and manager so that things would be taken care of properly.

if anyone has any trouble with best buy trying to not honor the staples coupon from staples, hit her up on twitter or use the Best Buy FB page - she is on there as well.

tell her @whiteasianrose sent ya heh
    I think Coral is incorrect. I found this on the Best Buy website:

What if the competitor does not have the item in stock or has limited quantities of the product?
    Sometimes a retailer will advertise a product as having limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has advertised as limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching.

Edit, I talked to her on Twitter, and this is what she said.
    @Coral_BestBuy @bandholz yes, we will match that coupon if the coupon is present and the HP Touchpad is available for purchase at local Staples
    Last edited by lakefire; 08/03/2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Added my twitter conversation w/ her.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I printed my from the link the op provided, took it in and stated I was interested in buying the 16gb TP. After the guy came over, I showed him the coupon I had, he took it, didnt make a fuss, then applied it after it to the purchase.

No questions asked, but as we all know, it can be about the luck of the draw. I also went ahead and joined fatwallet so I could use this as a reference of discussion if asked questions by a store rep. I say try it, if one store doesnt take it, move on to the next.
    so what was the final price on your purchase?

because on their website they offer a $50 instant rebate. I was wondering if that applies to instore purchases as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    so what was the final price on your purchase?

because on their website they offer a $50 instant rebate. I was wondering if that applies to instore purchases as well.
    He gave me the $50 instant rebate and applied the $100 coupon. The final price including FL taxes (7%) was $374, 16gb.
    wow, I just saw the Manny P. (boxer) commercial during O'Reilly Factor and at the end, HP has added $100 discount, has anyone else seen this, or was I seeing/hearing things?
    Last edited by RoverNole; 08/03/2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    wow, I just saw the Manny P. (boxer) commercial and at the end, HP has added $100 discount, has anyone else seen this, or was I seeing/hearing things?
    I just saw it too, during O'Reilly factor.

At the end of the commercial it said $100 off for a limited time (starting $399). It had dates that I believe showed 8/5-8/8, and no mention of any store.

If the staples coupon ends up stacking, that's insane.
    I just added touchpad to my cart on hp.com and you get free next day shipping!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I just saw it too, during O'Reilly factor.

At the end of the commercial it said $100 off for a limited time (starting $399). It had dates that I believe showed 8/5-8/8, and no mention of any store.

If the staples coupon ends up stacking, that's insane.
    I would be getting one then that's for sure.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    LOGICBUY30

gives you $30 off. So now I am waiting for hp to setup the $100 off and I will get $130 offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i got mine at office depot. they actually had a 16gb in stock unlike any staples around. i took the printed coupon and printed web page from staples.com

$370 out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by kushanj1 View Post
    i got mine at office depot. they actually had a 16gb in stock unlike any staples around. i took the printed coupon and printed web page from staples.com

$370 out the door.
    How so cheap? $499 - $100 = $399 - ??? +tax = $370?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    hp needs to just set these at $350. They would sell like hotcakes and hp would slowly take over the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    lol that's a horrible article. Hp always discounts everything. It's not like the fruit company. I expect anything I buy from hp to be marked down 100 to 600 dollars. HP useually puts sales and coupons up monthly. Go to hp site and see if you can find a computer without a discount or sale or rebate.
    Seriously, I shelled out 1,550 for my Envy 14 Beats last December and now its $1200 for same specs. You lose some, you get some. If people started waiting because "I know the price will get cheaper", nothing would ever sell.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    @bigwood212, Minus the $50 dollar instant rebate. So about $20 tax to get $370

Also student price starts at $424, so I guess we can have it for $324? Does the $50 dollar coupon stack up?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    @bigwood212, Minus the $50 dollar instant rebate. So about $20 tax to get $370

Also student price starts at $424, so I guess we can have it for $324? Does the $50 dollar coupon stack up?
    I am definitively going to wait till Friday to see which is the best deal.

I am glad though as consumers we have choices.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast