Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    I can't believe I got suckered into buying the touchpad a few days after it came out and now all these amazing deals are surfacing. HP "made it right" by enticing us with a $50 rebate so we would buy the touchpad at launch and actually spend more money than we would have had we waited.
  2.    #22  
    Don't matter. ALL staples ran out of the 16GB..-_-
    won't bestbuy price match that.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    won't bestbuy price match that.
    I don't know if they will take the coupon.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i called and they said they wont honor the coupon
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    and you can't complain if you ran out and bought it the first day or week or month. You paid extra to use it sooner. Everyone knows back to school is big hp discount time.
    I wouldn't have run out and bought it, but the "Make it Right" deal seemed to be all they were willing to offer at the time. The way to "Make it Right" would be to give those who you're trying to regain the support of a better deal than the general public can get, not a worse deal. I would have been better off waiting even 1 week longer and saved over $100 more as a result using the general public discounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    Don't matter. ALL staples ran out of the 16GB..-_-
    Ya, what's up with that? Will they have 16gb available soon, or will they not come in until after the 7th.
    Keep in mind, the $100 of is a Staples discount. The HP manufacturer's discount is still $50 so don't complain about HP not giving you a deal; this is the retailer going out of their way to push inventory on a item that probably isn't selling as well as they would like.

If you want a product as soon as it comes out and purchase it, you can't get mad that later on others are saving money. Obviously having it ASAP was <i>more valuable</i> to you than saving money, otherwise why not wait it out? You have nothing to lose by being patient.
    I am, therefore I think
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefire View Post
    Ya, what's up with that? Will they have 16gb available soon, or will they not come in until after the 7th.
    Just spoke to a Office Depot Rep and they say they will honor competitors coupons.

So I am going first thing Friday to get it.
    I know how you guys feel. I got suckerd into buying mayonase. They said 20% more on the bottle. Sure enough I come back next week and now there is 30% more. I can't believe they would do this to me. I've been a mayonase customer forever. I am posting on facebook and twitter. They better make this right.
    sledge007, totoro80, Bo and 1 others like this.
    Thanks op!! Just bought the 16gb (since I don't store movies, music, etc).
    $499.99
    -50.00 in store coupon (#24253)
    -100.00 op coupon (#98980)
    -50.00 make it right by HP

With FL taxes, I was out the door at $374.49 and await my $50 make it right rebate from HP.

I am now packing my current 32gb with accessories to send back to QVC. Of course, I can now shop to find the best deal for the case and wireless charger. Thanks again op!
    Most of the big retailers price match for a period of time after purchase. For you early adopters, be sure and return to your purchase site with your receipt and documentation of the newer/better pricing from them or their competitors. I suspect most of you will receive the newer discounts!

Although I was eligible for the "Make it right" discount, I was not able to justify a TouchPad before the end of June. But I am watching all these price changes like a hawk!
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
    unfortunately, i feel tablets need some 3g or 4g connection for them to be worth it to me... waiting for the AT&T! (hopefully, by then, hulu will still work... but shhhh!)
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefire View Post
    The Staples I visited didn't have it in stock, so he searched the system, found 1 to be shipped to my house and delivered tomorrow!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Thanks op!! Just bought the 16gb (since I don't store movies, music, etc).
    $499.99
    -50.00 in store coupon (#24253)
    -100.00 op coupon (#98980)
    -50.00 make it right by HP

With FL taxes, I was out the door at $374.49 and await my $50 make it right rebate from HP.

I am now packing my current 32gb with accessories to send back to QVC. Of course, I can now shop to find the best deal for the case and wireless charger. Thanks again op!
    I thought the $50 "make it right" was only for purchased made before 7/31.
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Keep in mind, the $100 of is a Staples discount. The HP manufacturer's discount is still $50 so don't complain about HP not giving you a deal; this is the retailer going out of their way to push inventory on a item that probably isn't selling as well as they would like.
    Not sure if this is the case, since the guy stated they just got them in a little more than a week ago, so how fast could one expect it to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by schro View Post
    So I'm officially annoyed. I shelled out $550 plus tax for the 32gb just 17 days ago at Staples. I'm eligible for the "Make it Right" rebate, but now I just feel hosed by this deal. I'm almost tempted to call in my Amex 90 day return protection and buy a 16GB to save a couple benjamins...

The downfall of not waiting. Not many products that aren't cheaper a few months after release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I thought the $50 "make it right" was only for purchased made before 7/31.
    Correct. I got in on the QVC deal and submitted the info when I received my 32gb TP, so hopefully the $50 make it right has been processed, but its possible my returning to QVC could impact it, not sure, but hopeful.
    So, I just got the run around. My Office Depot in town wouldn't redeem the coupon. They said that the Staples has to have it in stock for them to honor it.
    Not big on coupons, so im not sure, but "Coupon not valid unless sent directly from Staples." Does that mean you have to have been mailed this rebate? or do you print it from the site?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast