Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a way to change the default email signature? (the -sent from my HP Touchpad)
    Open the email app, tap email in the upper-left corner, then "preferences and accounts". Tap the account that you want to change and find a field called "signature". Change it to whatever you desire.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSeastrand View Post
    Open the email app, tap email in the upper-left corner, then "preferences and accounts". Tap the account that you want to change and find a field called "signature". Change it to whatever you desire.

Well hell..if it was a snake it woulda bit me!

Thanks
    Heh. For more How Do I? type questions, see my signature.

By the way, welcome to webOS and PreCentral. We're glad you're here.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    thanks for that great thread speedtouch! I didn't see this, so I am asking here, how can I change the style/formatting of my signature. The edit menu doesn't have options for this like it does on the Pre:

Add formatting to your email text | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    thanks for that great thread speedtouch! I didn't see this, so I am asking here, how can I change the style/formatting of my signature. The edit menu doesn't have options for this like it does on the Pre:

Add formatting to your email text | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    You're very welcome, I hope it's been helpful. Feel free to ask any and all questions in that thread. I monitor it daily.

As far as your email sig style question, I'm not aware of any way to do that on the TouchPad, unfortunately. But that's a good question and it will be added to my thread.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    is there a way to reset?
    Why does it add one blank line between the first line of text and your signature on new emails but adds three blank lines on replies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    is there a way to reset?
    Reset what?
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Why does it add one blank line between the first line of text and your signature on new emails but adds three blank lines on replies?
    You have just discovered one of the hidden gems of webOS. I have no idea why it does that.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Reset what?
    The signature. I finally realized you can just type it in. It looked bigger than normal when i typed it, but leaving the screen and coming back fixed that. There has to be an easier way to paste in some boxes. The Edit thing is not available in every text box.
    Oh, I don't know if you can reset it back to default. I don't think so, honestly. But I am glad you were able to correct the problem in the end.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    The signature. I finally realized you can just type it in. It looked bigger than normal when i typed it, but leaving the screen and coming back fixed that. There has to be an easier way to paste in some boxes. The Edit thing is not available in every text box.
    Yeah, the edit menu is not available on my Touchpad in the signature box. I remember doing this on my Palm Pre and it worked great, but how do we edit the signature text color on the Touchpad??
    I don't think you can change that. There probably has to be a patch performed to enable that. No idea how though.