Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me or are the Touchpad ads a little misleading when its showing there faces through the TP like it has a rear facing camera?
    No because the TouchPad is directly on top of their necks like it is their head or face...no one takes pictures like that...
    I have not thought so but then I already knew the touchpad specs inside out so it didn't even cross my mind. It'd be interesting to see how the non-webOS fan consumer thinks though. They may come home with TP only to discover you can't take any pics...??
    Well, at least any rear-facing pics.

Besides, anyone who sees the Touchpad that close to someone's face and expects a full mugshot from a camera is not paying attention.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Is it just me or are the Touchpad ads a little misleading when its showing there faces through the TP like it has a rear facing camera?

It's just you. The rest of us look at it as a commercial.
  6.    #6  
    You guys are taking the commercials too literally. Of course you would have to have the TP further away from your face. Everything you see on the TP is computer generated anyway and not an actual running TP. Im just saying whats the point of having their faces shown THROUGH the TP. People seeing that MIGHT think its showing off a rear facing camera. I knew it didnt have one because I knew what the specs were before hand. Just saying.
    copasetic likes this.
    You guys are taking the commercials too literally. Of course you would have to have the TP further away from your face. Everything you see on the TP is computer generated anyway and not an actual running TP. Im just saying whats the point of having their faces shown THROUGH the TP. People seeing that MIGHT think its showing off a rear facing camera. I knew it didnt have one because I knew what the specs were before hand. Just saying.
    If we are taking it literally, there are words right below that say "images on display are simulated."
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    copasetic and Vistaus like this.
    You guys are taking the commercials too literally.
    Hobbz, Rockbeast and Siah1214 like this.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I would put this in the same arena as the iPad being shown with what looks like (true) multitasking !

Just advertisng, however misleading to "Joe Average"
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash X View Post
    I would put this in the same arena as the iPad being shown with what looks like (true) multitasking !

Just advertisng, however misleading to "Joe Average"
    Yes, this is what I meant. Somebody, somewhere, "Joe Average" may look at it that way.
    I'm wondering if you were disappointed and wondering if HP was being deceptive when they had printer commercials a few years back that had people stepping through sheets of paper....

That's different, i agree with the op. They will just realize it doesn't and keep or return it.

If I were not more informed I would guess it has a rear camera from the ads.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    That's different, i agree with the op. They will just realize it doesn't and keep or return it.

If I were not more informed I would guess it has a rear camera from the ads.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by stiekes View Post
    I'm wondering if you were disappointed and wondering if HP was being deceptive when they had printer commercials a few years back that had people stepping through sheets of paper....

I like this one better:
    What, you mean HP doesn't sell turbo powered infant walkers?

To be fair, I'll admit that because a rear facing camera is common in the product segment being advertised the examples are a bit of a stretch.

But look at the pattern of advertising across HP's brand. The TP ads fit in the broader HP pattern pretty consistently...I don't look at any HP add as a literal display of capability.

Dare I point out that most of these commercials show people swiping directly between apps and that's not a feature either?

Could we say HP is advertising lifestyle and not product specifically?

[It's probably disclaimer time, I actually work for HP, though not in any product or marketing division.]
    Quote Originally Posted by stiekes View Post
    What, you mean HP doesn't sell turbo powered infant walkers?
    Im pretty sure they do sell turbo powered infant walkers. It was in the commercial, so it must be true. One simply has to look REALLY hard to find it.

To the OP: I never felt like the TP commercials were misleading. It is never mentioned or implied that there is a rear camera. How else could I try to guess who the celebrity is if their face isn't covered? Remember the laptop commercials they used to do where everything happened between the celebrity's arms/hands? Laptops don't actually do that, in case you felt misled.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    How else could I try to guess who the celebrity is if their face isn't covered?.
    They move the TP to the side like in the Veer commercials.

BTW: Why is everyone bashing one question? It was a question to start conversation. Not to start a riot. This isnt a hate post.
    Don't be so sensitive man, it's nowhere close to a riot.
    hmm... kind of an interesting question. i mean when i saw the commercial, i already knew it didnt have a rear camera so i knew the commercial wasnt being absolutely 'real'... if you know what i mean. so i just took the whole commercial in for entertainment than substance.

but to a person that has no knowledge of the tp and discovering it on the ads... they see the whole ad show the cards and the swipes and those are real... even though to many they realize the face shots are not real because the tp is just too close, i guess they could still get the idea that because of the ad it has a rear camera.

the ad doesnt really separate where it's showing features and when it's just being theatrical.

but regardless, i imagine once they get to the store to have a hands on before the final buy, that they would realize it doesnt have it then.

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    but regardless, i imagine once they get to the store to have a hands on before the final buy, that they would realize it doesnt have it then.
    I'm with you, I know people don't educate themselves well on purchases, but hopefully they look at the device before the drop 500+ on it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast