Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By etx
  1.    #1  
    I'm running Uberkernel on 3.0.2 at 1.2ghz and I just got a score of 2876ms. If I remember right I got over 4000ms on 3.0.

Well done HP!
    diddly4 likes this.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I'm not familiar with sunspider or what those scores mean? Can you shed any light?
    .9 or .9.1?

huge improvement but still needs some more to get even with some competitors.
    just checked the scores from Anandtechs review.

0.9 = 5083ms
    0.9.1 = 3890ms

your score puts us in the same league as the competition, although still trailing slightly.
    Your numbers are off. (etx)

SunSpider with webOS 3.0.2 running warthog @1.782GHz returns 2744ms.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post

Tried your newly updated warthog kernal @1.782 ghz and it keeps freezing after a couple minutes, sadly it's not stable for me . Going back to F15C for now, but keep up the good work! Looking forward to your future releases .
    So is it off or not?

Ps, my fx 5 gave a score of 1852ms on eeepad. I think hp needs to court other browser vendors to increase webOS attractiveness.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post

Those are the results I had. Here is a screenshot.

Edir: I just OC'd to 1.7ghz with warthog and I got 2811ms.
    Last edited by etx; 08/03/2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I don't think it's so much a testament to HP as it is to the folks behind Uberkernal. Stock Touchpad kernel on 3.0.2 still comes in at a meager 3842.8ms
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjps View Post
    I don't think it's so much a testament to HP as it is to the folks behind Uberkernal. Stock Touchpad kernel on 3.0.2 still comes in at a meager 3842.8ms
    Ah, thats a bummer!
    i dont think this benchmark does much besides tell us the browser renders a second slower than the others
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    i dont think this benchmark does much besides tell us the browser renders a second slower than the others
    Thanks for speaking English to us non-techie folks....lol. I have NO idea what any of this means, but hopefully things will continue to get better ota sooner than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    It is significant if the whole OS is leveraging on jsjsjs.
    Since a lot of us will eventually overclock to 1.78Ghz with stability soon, it will become a moot point. The guy on Zdnet said he skyped for an hour overclocked to 1.78 and it went down to 92 percent battery. Good enough for me.
    now thats bizarre, sunspider is CPU sensitive, and you are saying even when you OC almost 600 Mhz, or 40%, from 1.2 to 1.8, there is only miniscule improvement in SS score from 2870 to 2810?

something is missing here.