Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By observator
  • 1 Post By C_McGuire
  1.    #1  
    I uninstalled those patches and its much faster. Removed hyper animations and smooth touch one, and apps load noticeably faster....anyone else?
  2. #2  
    yeah, i removed smooth touch as well and noticed it run better!

    never had hyper animations as that never really did anything other then looks.


    i left the disable logging stuff there though, seems to be running very well!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
  3. #3  
    Um... Those don't make it faster :-P The reason why it appears faster is probably because the glowing icon cards glow slower so it seems the app loaded in less time. The "make touchpad faster patch" is the muffled system logging. Uninstall that and see the difference. All the others just try to make it appear faster.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  4. #4  
    Are you saying you noticed things were faster when you removed muffle system logging?
    Dogma likes this.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    Are you saying you noticed things were faster when you removed muffle system logging?
    I think he mean't the opposite.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  6. #6  
    I'm thinking that the hyper animation can load cards or other animations before they're ready to be used. So that can increase the number of bad button presses and such.
  7. #7  
    FWIW, my netspeed results were slower with the 'unthrottled download' patch installed. I'm not sure why. I've always gotten faster results on my Pre+ and touchpad with it installed. I wonder if something changed in 3.0.2 or if it's an anomaly.
  8. #8  
    Well, I'm glad to hear its not just me that notices a slow down. My TP has dramatically slowed down to the point that I actually think its slower than 3.0 before the patches. I ditched a couple of the patches but with no increase in speed in searching websites. I'm going to try deleting more tonight. Hopefully I can avoid doctoring. If anyone sees the WebOS Internals team post anything about this, please post here. Thanks.
    All for One and One for All!
  9. #9  
    For the record the the only patches that almost certainly increase speed are 'muffle system logging' & 'remove dropped packet logging'. The 'ad block' and 'max block' patches should speed up browsing since they block ads. The 'unthrottled download manager' is suppose to make downloads faster. I haven't seen any test results on the TP that proves it does. All of the other patches create the illusion the TP is faster such as the 'faster card animations', etc...
  10. #10  
    What I'm using on 3.0.2:

    - Muffle System Logging
    - Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    - EOM Overlord Monitoring

    That's it out of the "performance/speed" patches. Before the update, I also used the Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10 patch. I didn't bother to reinstall it after the update because everything is running great. I can also confirm that I tried Unthrottle Download Manager before the update, and I got slower test scores with it as well, so got rid of that one. I still have it on my Pre though.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

    RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

    Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    hrminer92 likes this.
  11. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    What I'm using on 3.0.2:

    - Muffle System Logging
    - Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    - EOM Overlord Monitoring

    That's it out of the "performance/speed" patches. Before the update, I also used the Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10 patch. I didn't bother to reinstall it after the update because everything is running great. I can also confirm that I tried Unthrottle Download Manager before the update, and I got slower test scores with it as well, so got rid of that one. I still have it on my Pre though.
    That's exactly my setup on the TP with 3.0.2. Everything works great.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyo3221 View Post
    I uninstalled those patches and its much faster. Removed hyper animations and smooth touch one, and apps load noticeably faster....anyone else?
    I noticed the same thing.

    I am still running the muffle system logging and dropped packets patches, plus the overclock kernel to get 1.7 ghz. Things seem to be running better now that I uninstalled the hyper animation/smooth touch.
  13. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #13  
    so strange. i doctored my TP earlier today and i could def see a slight increase in speed with the smooth/ and hyper patches.
    but i never had those patches prior to the update so i am not sure how it would compare.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  14. #14  
    kinda splitting the hair here. how does one find it faster then HB patches. i haven't been able to notice this with all patches on. and i think CodeCrumb and Co did a great job here getting the best help for TP users FREE. that is being much appreciated I can't fault with.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    so strange. i doctored my TP earlier today and i could def see a slight increase in speed with the smooth/ and hyper patches.
    but i never had those patches prior to the update so i am not sure how it would compare.
    its my understanding that smooth & hyper are just visual changes. They don't effect speed.

Posting Permissions