Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I've had my TP since launch and have been getting and reading emails with no problem. I've sent a couple emails and responded to a few others. No one ever answered. So, i was looking at the email app in my TP today, looked in the outbox and noticed the emails I tried to send had those little yellow triangle exclamations next to them. Which I think means they didn't go out. I tried re-sending them and get a little message they sent but the yellow triangle exclamation remain and the email never arrive. Can anyone point me in the right direction to investigate the issue? Thanks.

    ET
  2. #2  
    I had happen that on a couple of my email accounts. I had to delete and re-add them for them to work. When I re-added them I also let the app configure the settings automatically instead of manually (which is how I had set them up them originally).
  3. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #3  
    what email service are you using? You probably just have to update the outgoing email settings. You can find out what they are in the help section of ure email provider. Look for pop and IMAP settings...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  4.    #4  
    Okay, thanks for the quick response. Let me try those suggestions out.

    ET
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    what email service are you using? You probably just have to update the outgoing email settings. You can find out what they are in the help section of ure email provider. Look for pop and IMAP settings...
    Also, double-check your password on the SMTP settings. You'll actually have to re-enter it, since you won't be able to see it. But you get the idea.

    The yellow exclamation signs mean the email can't get out...for some reason. For me it's always been a wrong password. But it could certainly be the SMTP settings like server address or ports.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I had happen that on a couple of my email accounts. I had to delete and re-add them for them to work. When I re-added them I also let the app configure the settings automatically instead of manually (which is how I had set them up them originally).
    That worked daffy. thanks.

    ET

    PS: WebOS community is so good.

Posting Permissions