Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    my screen rotation is stuck - it only works with camera to the right. if i rotate it 90 degrees in either direction it switches to that orientation for a second, then switches back. it wont rotate to camera on the right at all. rotation lock is not enabled. Anyone else having this? Anyone have a fix?
    Try enabling the rotation lock then disabling it.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    unfortunately, I've tried that. In every permutation possible. I've tried things like starting up an old app (so it runs in a window - Pandora especially doesn't like to rotate it seems) and then rotating. Opening the top-left menu and trying to turn on rotation lock when it temporarily snaps to the right orientation.

I have found a way to force the issue - open up an old app like Lumberjack that forces (apparently) the screen to portrait mode. Once the screen orientation shifts, turn on rotation lock via the upper left menu and it will stay that way until lock is disabled, even in other applications. Sparkle HD forces landscape with the camera to the left, and once I've used lumberjack to turn on rotation lock, I can switch between the sparkle and lumberjack apps to lock the Touchpad into the mode I want.

kludge hack anyone? Gotta say, I'm not thrilled with this - I'll be calling HP support this morning to see if they can help, otherwise I'll be asking for a replacement.
    I just don't know what the problem is. I'd contact HP support.
    Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I'm hoping the OP gets this and reports back what HP support told them to do (3 years ago!) since I have the same issue.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE