Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1.    #1  
    ... and it looks great! I was surfing on YouTube and I found these two videos of a Picsel Smart Office app for the TouchPad. For what it seems, it is a PDK app and it is utterly smooth, with a lot of tools and nice visual effects.

Impressive. If they get it to the App catalog anytime soon, they will have a gold mine as the only document editing solution, until QuickOffice has there editing ability ready.
    All for One and One for All!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    . If they get it to the App catalog anytime soon, they will have a gold mine as the only document editing solution, until [xxx] has there editing ability ready.
    Sounds like something I've heard before... :-P

...But for my honest opinion, it does look nice. The only problem is, they'd better get it out before Quickoffice. Quickoffice editing is said to be free on the Touchpad, and I can't imagine anyone would pay for something that's free.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 08/02/2011 at 05:45 PM.
    You're kidding me... I will pay good money for this on my Touchpad ASAP if it comes out before Quick Office!!!!

It looks faster too... in powerpoint anyway.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Wow, it does look good. And fast, too.
    sorli likes this.
    Anyone know if they plan to add Box.net support now that HP has aligned themselves on the TouchPad with this interface for us users. Looks REALLY good and I'm looking forward to its arrival. Thanks and please let us know if you have any info on communicating with the developer? Sorli...
    I'll have to take your word for it since when I open your YouTube link on my TouchPad , I get a second card that opens the video app and spins endlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I'll have to take your word for it since when I open your YouTube link on my TouchPad , I get a second card that opens the video app and spins endlessly.
    Opened fine on my Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Opened fine on my Touchpad.
    thanks. Uninstalled max blocker patch and enabled ad blocker instead and can see the video.
    sorli likes this.
    Nice. The finger tap, hold then slide to accurately position the cursor will be a great feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    You're kidding me... I will pay good money for this on my Touchpad ASAP if it comes out before Quick Office!!!!

It looks faster too... in powerpoint anyway.
    QuickOffice is supposed to have Word and Excel editing only - no powerpoint.

This app already looks faster than the read only version of quick office. Free = you get what you pay for. I would buy this app today if it were there. Probably uninstall QuickOffice
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    now, if it syncs with box.net it will be a home run!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Dear Picsel,

Please allow me to throw money at you.

~Subversive Asset
    Aaaaahhhhh, moleque bom!

Best Regards...
    Looking at their website, their "Coming Soon" page states that v1.7 will support Google Docs! If true for the WebOS version, this could be a real gamechanger for me. I was about to return my TP due to the lack of easy Google Docs creation/editing in the native browser (also lack of functioning Citrix), but might be willing to wait out the latter, if full Google Docs functionality is included in their WebOS release.
    looks sweeettttttt
    sorli likes this.
    the problem I typically have with these editors is how the handle real PowerPoint presentations. QuickOffice just refuses to render and slide with complex objects on it (curved connectors as one example).

So when showing me how sweet and fast your app is, show me a real real presentation, not one that looks like a 4th grader put it together.
    Anyone submit this to the "Tip Us" link on the front page
    Quote Originally Posted by subversiveasset View Post
    Dear Picsel,

Please allow me to throw money at you.

~Subversive Asset
    Yes Picsel, I'd rather pay for your app then my taxes. Release on touchpad now!
    I'll even uninstall quickoffice which is free.
    Rnp and bb147 like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast