Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    That's amazing... and, did you see it on the Pre:

I do hope HP works with the developer to push this out and that the Pre 3 launches with this built in - this should light a fire under QuickOffice development, too.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I emailed them re release timeframe, and they responded right away (how refreshing!). Unfortunately, the demo is just a quick port from another version, and they said they have quite a bit more work to do before it's even in beta form. Still looks encouraging, especially if they're competing with QuickOffice.
    Rnp likes this.
    Hmmm, whomever posted the YouTube demo now says "Final release depends on HP. Google Docs and Dropbox are already supported !" The plot thickens!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Anyone submit this to the "Tip Us" link on the front page
    It was on webOSroundup yesterday. :-(

Picsel Smart Office Shows Off on the TouchPad and Pre, Document Editing in Tow [Video] | News, Pre3, TouchPad, Video |webOSroundup
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Check out the ratings for this on the ipad app store. Not too good. Almost half the ratings are one star, and the majority of the comments talk of a frustrating user experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by hankbuddy View Post
    Check out the ratings for this on the ipad app store. Not too good. Almost half the ratings are one star, and the majority of the comments talk of a frustrating user experience.
    Well, that's not encouraging at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Well, that's not encouraging at all...
    I'll gladly take a frustrating editing experience any day of the year over the lack of editing we've had the last 2 years!
    alvaro_qc and bdhu2001 like this.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Didn't mean to dampen the enthusiasm. I hope the app does come to webOS. And they have just released an updated version which doesn't have any ratings yet. But I thought a little reality might be in order before we all get too excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    I emailed them re release timeframe, and they responded right away (how refreshing!). Unfortunately, the demo is just a quick port from another version, and they said they have quite a bit more work to do before it's even in beta form. Still looks encouraging, especially if they're competing with QuickOffice.
    Yea, I emailed them as well and got the same response.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    Yea, I emailed them as well and got the same response.

So apparently Picsel wants us webOS faithful to pester HP to allow it....

via twitter:

picseluk Picsel
    @iamisaactorres @webOSroundup Tell HP you want Picsel Smart Office!
    4 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    So apparently Picsel wants us webOS faithful to pester HP to allow it....

via twitter:

picseluk Picsel
    @iamisaactorres @webOSroundup Tell HP you want Picsel Smart Office!
    4 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Why would we need to bother HP about it? Can't Picsel just open a Dev Account and submit their app?
    ha. It would be funny if Hp gave quick office some type of exclusivity for a certain timeframe....
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Interesting.... watching that video reminds back to the old Sony Clie days. If any of the old Palmos users recall, the Sony used to bundle Piscel viewer on their old PalmOS based Clie models back in the day. The Piscel office suite still looks similar in many ways. It would be great to see some old developers like Piscel back to supporting the platform....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    erykah likes this.
    This couldn't come soon enough! Even I'll pay for it.
    Know you rights, they will prevail!
    Ahhh, a product by Picsel? I remember running Picsel Browser on my TH55 and loved the way it looked. It was mostly a great viewer and that's about it. Glad to see Picsel still around. Can't wait to get a decent word editing app.
    yeah I remember picsel on my clue. It was beautiful and future looking... It was a lil buggy but I kept coming back to it like a bug to light.

I think I read that the initial editing version of quick office is not even going to edit native word docs, but a more regular vanilla type of file. If that's the case than one big reason pickle needs to kiick this thing into overdrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Interesting.... watching that video reminds back to the old Sony Clie days. If any of the old Palmos users recall, the Sony used to bundle Piscel viewer on their old PalmOS based Clie models back in the day. The Piscel office suite still looks similar in many ways. It would be great to see some old developers like Piscel back to supporting the platform....
    I'm so glad you said that. I was thinking the same thing. Piscel is a known company that us previous Clie users worked with. I will be good to have them back in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Yes Picsel, I'd rather pay for your app then my taxes. Release on touchpad now!
    I'll even uninstall quickoffice which is free.
    Please come on out ot play! We need this app....
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Basically I'm bumping this as QuickOffice still has no edit and Picsel still doesn't mention webOS on their site...

Any news?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I for one hope Picsel doesn't abandon their effort for the Touchpad now
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast