Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By speedtouch
  • 1 Post By mhunterjr
  • 1 Post By wellwellwell11
  • 1 Post By mhunterjr
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Seems like a nice write up regarding the newest update to 3.0.2 in webOS.

With all the "Hub-Bub" regarding the Touch Pad, Thought you'd like to have a good read for a change

HP's Jon Rubinstein Was Right: The New TouchPad Update Finally Makes It Usable - Yahoo! Finance

Hope you'all enjoy it
    Good. The webOS team at HP is getting credit when credit is due.
    65fastback likes this.
    I suppose the credit is nice, but I can't take this writer seriously. First of all, he claims the original touchpad was unusable. RIGHT! The one I've been using with very few hitches for a month?

then he claims the touchpad used to change orientation "whenever it wanted to" the accelerometer settings were sensitive, but it didnt randomly rotate. Comments like that confuse readers who can't READ TONE.

then he felt te urge to praise apples bug fix turn around (2-4 weeks) over HP's. How long did we wait for 3.0.2? FOUR WEEKS! Give me break.

also, I don't think its profession journalism to use the word assess
    speedtouch likes this.
    Shouldn't a product be usable from launch?
    i guess its hard for most of us and the world to embrace Webos still. Its understandable though, because this is still a somewhat rebirth for a OS that has all the potential, but is still a bit slow coming out of the gates still. I percieve the next wave of devices next year will be a whole lot smoother, now that webos has the resources to compete. To me the Touchpad was never unusable, and the minor lags and hiccups to me where nothing to galk about at all. This update did take care of those minor things, and to me the touchpad (having had the ipad 1 and 2) is the best OS on the market tablet or smartphone, though its just an opinion its something I stand by. Good Job HP, for making the first big intial launch for webos since the palm pre, a very good step forward.
    strykr_ac likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Mine was usable out of the box. I was even wondering where people were finding all those issues^^
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    yes it should be, and it was. Sure it had occasional performance issues, but to say it was ever UNUSABLE is a huge overstatement, and is just plain wrong.
    phillipah likes this.
    I have my share of issues with the TouchPad, but "unusable" it certainly is not and never was.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    While I see that the article has issues with how webOS is portrayed (I agree with the unusable crap), the overall write up does praise webOS and its inprovements.

Just showing the positive spin with webOS out of the negative we all read lately -- Thats all
    Of course it should be. I bought mine launch day as soon as the store opened. I've been using it continually since then.