Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Ok, So I just overclocked my TP to 1.52Ghz. I'm running on 3.0.2 and Wow, this thing is buttery smooth like you wouldn't believe...

I was already running 3.0.2 witht he the Speed patches Via Preware, but I decided to go for the overclock and D@%B this think feels nice!

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    So, what's your battery life look like?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I havn't had the chance to really tell yet, I'll play with it overnight and report back in the morning on battery life.

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    i have had mine overclocked since the uberkernel first went to 1.5G and have really not noticed any change in battery life nor heat. in conjunction with all of the logging patches it really makes my tablet seem extremely responsive. I would also recommend using JStop.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Is the Uberkernel for the touchpad only in the test feeds? I haven't seen it in Preware, only the stock kernel.
    Yes, it is in the test feeds and from what I understand, has already been updated to be compatible with 3.0.2.
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 08/02/2011 at 08:50 PM.
    All for One and One for All!
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    OK, I haven't added the test feeds yet on my touchpad. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    After reading this I added the feeds, touchpad is a lot faster now. THANKS!
    gipus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    So, what's your battery life look like?
    stock usually pulls 550mah and 1.5ghz is pulling like 565mah.

not enough to be noticeable.

heck, theres a 2.0ghz test kernel thats not released that was only pulling like 580-600mah
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    LCGuy likes this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    heck, theres a 2.0ghz test kernel thats not released that was only pulling like 580-600mah
    Awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grometnj View Post
    Ok, So I just overclocked my TP to 1.52Ghz. I'm running on 3.0.2 and Wow, this thing is buttery smooth like you wouldn't believe...

I was already running 3.0.2 witht he the Speed patches Via Preware, but I decided to go for the overclock and D@%B this think feels nice!

-Gromet
    please elaborate on buttery smooth. are we talking iOS-style scrolling through webpages?
    I just installed the Uberkernel 1.5ghz kernel from the testing feeds. I am assuming the palm default is the stock speed and the ondemandTcl 1512 is the 1.5ghz?
    I tried adding the feeds and keep getting error messages while trying to update those feeds. I'm using webos-kernels-testing in the name and http://preware.is.awesome.com/ in the url field then rebooting the touchpad. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I am assuming the palm default is the stock speed and the ondemandTcl 1512 is the 1.5ghz?
    Yes, that is correct.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    I tried adding the feeds and keep getting error messages while trying to update those feeds. I'm using webos-kernels-testing in the name and http://preware.is.awesome.com/ in the url field then rebooting the touchpad. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    try: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-.../testing/armv7
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post

Thanks in advance.
    checkout the urls from the official internals page:
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Anybody go to 1.7?
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    checkout the urls from the official internals page:
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    I tried the one for the touchpad and it worked and updated gonna and prepare. When I open preware it only has the palm default profile
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    I'm running 1.7ghz. Everything is smooth and fast! Can't wait for 2ghz!
    uk_luckyone likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Anybody go to 1.7?
    I am @1.7 running great. Plus unlike uberkernel it is overclocking both cores. Thanks unixpsycho.
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast