Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    ok I'm a noob. I'll just get that out of the way Basically installed f15c and gov 0.9.8 can't see 1.7 on any choices. It only goes to 1.5. Please help a noob out thanks guys
    My touchpad went completely dead after playing with f15c at 1.7 for just a few minutes. It appeared bricked for a while. WebOS Doctored it and now restoring.

I think I'll wait for this stuff to mature a bit
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    UberKernel at 1.5GHz and Govnah 0.9.8 have no outstanding issues that I know of.

If you are testing this combination and are having any problems, please let me know. If there are no issues reported this weekend I'm likely to push it to the stable feed.

Please do not report issues to me regarding the experimental kernels running at frequencies higher than 1.5 GHz - we intentionally push the limits with those kernels to find the safe boundaries and to explore various performance and battery saving techniques which may eventually end up in a stable UberKernel in the future.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If there are no issues reported this weekend I'm likely to push it to the stable feed.

-- Rod

Hooray for whimps like me who only lurk on the test feeds!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel at 1.5GHz and Govnah 0.9.8 have no outstanding issues that I know of.

If you are testing this combination and are having any problems, please let me know. If there are no issues reported this weekend I'm likely to push it to the stable feed.

Please do not report issues to me regarding the experimental kernels running at frequencies higher than 1.5 GHz - we intentionally push the limits with those kernels to find the safe boundaries and to explore various performance and battery saving techniques which may eventually end up in a stable UberKernel in the future.

-- Rod
    Just posting what I've observed.. I freshly doctored my TouchPad 2 evenings ago and then yesterday afternoon installed the latest UberKernel. This was after making sure I had the latest Govnah to support both cores. Everything was great with the 1.5 profile. Then I didn't use the TouchPad for a couple hours and came back to it with the notification light blinking. However, no matter what I did, I couldn't get the screen to turn back on. Power button did nothing, same with that home button. I finally had to force restart it holding power button+home button until it restarted. It came back up just fine. Just thought I'd mention that I ran into this..
    I also had problems with the screenstate feature in F-15c. The TP will not wake sometimes with feature enabled. I had to doctor this morning due to screenstate failure. I didn't have to time to experiment with memboot as I was headed out the door to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by joblamie View Post
    What is your Governor set to? On-demand? Screenstate? Performance?

I have issues with screenstate by the way. Tried it couple of times, but every time the screen didn't wake up anymore after it went to sleep.
    I had stock Govnah installed after the kernel swap to F15C....after reboot all settings have been automatically made, running smoothly at 1.728GHz and i never touched them

Since it only showed one core and no temp..i upgraded to Govnah v.0.9.7..and the settings were reset to 1.18GHz..so the profile needed to be reset

Profile:Unknown
    ondemandtcl

I have no issues with anything.
    Hmmm maybe screenstate is the culprit. I'm gonna try again tonight
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Uberkernel for 24 hours with heavy use and no issues.
    2nd day of living with F15C which was running fantastic

Suddenly having huge issues with the App Catalog [downloads have dropped off the planet, installs take forever, some don't finish, or even force device reboots]

------
    It all turned out to be related to one specific app...the iGizmo magazine..once it finished installing after about 40min..just about everything returned to normal.

I suspect there is a serious issue with its installer. I would seriously avoid it.

Cheers
    Last edited by glazunov; 08/05/2011 at 01:44 PM.
  11. w0z
    The only issue I've had with UberKernel is occasional complete insensitivity to touches (rebooted to fix). I've had Touch Sensitivity 10 installed since the beginning and just installed Remove Tap Ripple to see if that helps.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Running two days on F15C with heavy-heavy-heavy use. Only problem I experienced was an occasional loss of WiFi until the update of F15C yesterday. That issue resolved now. I removed Touch Sensitivity 10 before the kernel change because it caused the problems referred to above by w0z before and after I updated the kernel. Now I have no problems at all with F15C. Profile is "Unknown" and "ondemandtcl". Running both cores at 1.728Ghz on demand utilizing 685-715mA consistantly. I'm overjoyed!
    [QUOTE=peterlemonjello;3055103]good luck. I'm not sure why but the unthrottled patch really slowed down my speedtest.net test. They

So, I tested at speednet stock, Uber, 15c, and warthog. Did 3 times each with and without unthrottle. Even set to performance (which should not make a difference on speed net). An no difference on average with or without unthrottle.

Test results did jump around a bit mainly ping. But on average no real difference. Not for me anyway.

As for any other difference.

None at all except for the obvious. As my overclock went up my loading was faster (a little). But to be honest that could even be my imagination.

One good thing every item I tested with all kernels worked well. With overclock on Warthog 1.7 ondemandtcl I was playing back HD video with KalemSoft Media Player without any stutter or lag and youtube at 720 ran well.

Anyway great work by the gents at internals.
    I failed to mention don't forget to install EOM Overlord Monitoring linux app.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I failed to mention don't forget to install EOM Overlord Monitoring linux app.
    It's already installed, think I saw someone else somewhere (could of been you). Mention it.

Thanks
    Giving the overclocking a try after reading the wiki file on it.
    I am seeing palm default highlighted in Govnah. I also see ondemandtcl1512 but it appears grayed out. How do I select it in order to overclock?

Thanks in advance. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by d-larsen View Post
    Running two days on F15C with heavy-heavy-heavy use. Only problem I experienced was an occasional loss of WiFi until the update of F15C yesterday. That issue resolved now. I removed Touch Sensitivity 10 before the kernel change because it caused the problems referred to above by w0z before and after I updated the kernel. Now I have no problems at all with F15C. Profile is "Unknown" and "ondemandtcl". Running both cores at 1.728Ghz on demand utilizing 685-715mA consistantly. I'm overjoyed!
    I'm not seeing info on an updated F15C kernel in preware.

Does you think it has any features worth a swap out?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    My touchpad went completely dead after playing with f15c at 1.7 for just a few minutes. It appeared bricked for a while. WebOS Doctored it and now restoring.

I think I'll wait for this stuff to mature a bit
    Same thing happened to me when on "Screenstate". Seemed to work great (and FAST) "On Demand". Now it's time to WebOS Doctor my beloved Touchpad...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    According to change log, unixpsycho added screenstate and boot messages to this version. While the boot messages are a bit annoying for the average user, it's nice to be able to see if there are boot failures since this replaces the standard kernel. I felt it is worth updating, I don't know why I had WiFi issues before the last kernel update, may have been a coincidence that the WiFi issues went away with the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonc1213 View Post
    Same thing happened to me when on "Screenstate". Seemed to work great (and FAST) "On Demand". Now it's time to WebOS Doctor my beloved Touchpad...
    Looks like the Doctor is not necessary at this point in time. I held down the power and home buttons for about 15 seconds to get it to reset and all seems to be running great after reboot with Profile: Unknown CPU: 1.728
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast