Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    Wow this is not good, after going back to the stock 3.0.2 kernel, I decided to give Warthog Kernel one more shot. It installed, I said okay to the reboot device prompt and since then, all it does is show the HP logo for about 15-20 seconds then go black and power back on again..
    eek volcom. did it come back? dont these kernel revert back if device crashes.

im okay with the current speed of the touchpad so may not go this route.

webos doesnt currently used the 2nd cpu does it? i cant wait until it does.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    eek volcom. did it come back? dont these kernel revert back if device crashes.

im okay with the current speed of the touchpad so may not go this route.

webos doesnt currently used the 2nd cpu does it? i cant wait until it does.
    Nope, tried a bunch of stuff. Sadly just doctored, lots of re-work ahead of ome now.. hope they don't release it to public just yet..
    Sorry to hear that Volcom! Let us know how it turns out.

Running F15C
    1.728Ghz
    31c
    711ma
    It's all good.. thats what testing is for.. I knew what I was putting myself at risk for..
    toy4x4 likes this.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    sooo i downloaded 1.5 uber and i dont like how when i dont use my touchpad for 1 second, it goes back to the lower parameter (EDIT 192 mhz), is it safe to set the low parameter at 1.5, or even 1.0 or something.

ps being that stock lower parameter is at (EDIT 192 mhz) no wonder the battery is, at least in my experience, INCREDIBLE. 8hrs on reviews? give me a break. ill do a side to side with the iPad and carry out similar tasks and would bet the TouchPad would rock its socks off.

holla
    Last edited by scorpeo88; 08/04/2011 at 02:23 AM.
    warthog is NEVER released into the general feeds. It is intended to stay in the testing feeds permanently as things may change unpredictably but that's the tradeoff.

Obviously, I'm not trying to maliciously mess things up but all in the name of experimentation and exploration. So it's all up to your comfort level.

Try membooting one of the following to try getting the TP up without having to re-doctor.

https://www.box.net/shared/b7nnjt5bflqsxrfv92cp
    https://www.box.net/shared/ixlhx0vtdxy59yyfzprs
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo88 View Post
    sooo i downloaded 1.5 uber and i dont like how when i dont use my touchpad for 1 second, it goes back to the lower parameter (192 Ghz), is it safe to set the low parameter at 1.5, or even 1.0 or something.

ps being that stock lower parameter is at 192 Ghz no wonder the battery is, at least in my experience, INCREDIBLE. 8hrs on reviews? give me a break. ill do a side to side with the iPad and carry out similar tasks and would bet the TouchPad would rock its socks off.

holla
    Wow, that is really fast (192 GHz).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Wow, that is really fast (192 GHz).
    oops hah, my bad. 192 MHz. thanks for answering the question- naat
  10. w0z
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo88 View Post
    sooo i downloaded 1.5 uber and i dont like how when i dont use my touchpad for 1 second, it goes back to the lower parameter (EDIT 192 mhz), is it safe to set the low parameter at 1.5, or even 1.0 or something.
    Sort of like setting your car to idle at 4000 RPM. You're wasting battery and perhaps more importantly generating a LOT more heat than the CPU was designed for (especially when it's already being overclocked).
  11. w0z
    Anyone try any actual timed comparisons with any of the overclocked kernals or have other thoughts about this article?

Tests Show HP TouchPad Update Falls Short | PCWorld
    Noob here. Govnah had an update and now shows the activity of the second CPU/core, but there simple isn't any activity on it. Does anybody know why not?
  13. w0z
    Quote Originally Posted by joblamie View Post
    Noob here. Govnah had an update and now shows the activity of the second CPU/core, but there simple isn't any activity on it. Does anybody know why not?
    Govnah 0.9.6 worked OK with UberKernal but I seem to recall it showed CPU2 at 1.2G initially. I think I may have restarted Govnah and then both indicated 1.5G.
    Quote Originally Posted by joblamie View Post
    Re-install Govnah and reset your profile again to 1.728ghz (or whatever you were using prior) and apply the settings. It should show the activity of the 2nd CPU core after that, that's what worked for me!
    Thank you guys, I didn't had to re-install Govnah, but just made another profile and it worked. Now I have another question:

I have the Governor set at 'Performance'. I don't know what the setting exactly means, but my TouchPad is extremly fast with this setting. Only the CPU frequency is ALWAYS at 1.7Ghz, it doesn't go down to 192Mhz.

Is this a bad thing? What is the Governor setting 'Performance' originally ment for? Best performance?
    That's pretty much what "performance" is......full tilt.
    If you press on your profile (in Govnah), then press Advanced Settings, then CPU Frequency, you will see a blue circle with a "?" in the upper right hand corner. When you press that, everything that has "HELP" attached to it will turn blue. Now press the top line called "Governor", and you will see a whole slew of different types of governors and what they do
    I too am running unixpsycho @ 1.7. OMG it is a whole different experience. REALLY FAST.
    I too am runniing at unixpsycho 1.7. OMG!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwakely View Post
    I too am runniing at unixpsycho 1.7. OMG!
    Apparently it's so fast it's even posting twice on forums.
    i've yet to decide if i want to go with f15c or uberkernel.

the 1.7 on f15c was phenomenal. i'm leaning towards Uber though, since its what I used on my pre-