Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    Why all the request for videos? Are there really that many people lurking here without a TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    touchpad is armv7.
    So I see now. I must not of noticed when I was in webOS Internals wiki the other day....no matter, I had the right feed anyway...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by w0z View Post
    Must Govnah be running in background or can I close it once I set the overclock profile?
    you can close.

End of the day for me, pretty tired....not the greatest film job by any means, but you can still see it. This just shows scrolling, flipping between open apps and that's about it..(when the camera's aimed properly, lol), but you can still see it. Maybe I'll make another one later, maybe someone will beat me to it some wicked scrolling in there though!
    Rnp likes this.
    Installed F15C but had WIFI connectivity issues. No wifi issues with UberKernel, seems stable.
    Last edited by Ivanvm; 08/03/2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Update
    Quote Originally Posted by elopez View Post
    you can close.
    You actually SHOULD close Govnah whenever you're done doing whatever you wanted to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I couldn't get the kernel through Preware either but after following a lead from Twitter, I downloaded the kernel from the source, transferred the file to my TP then installed it via Preware (after following the rules from Web Internals wiki page).
    Same thing I had to do. Had to use the source. Preware wasn't seeing the two different kernels on my end.

org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad_3.0.2-26_arm.ipk

org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad_3.0.2-22_arm.ipk

Moved these two over to my TouchPad and will install them via Preware when I get home. Obviously, one at a time though.

Oops, typed in the wrong name in the field entry of Preware feeds which didn't bring up the correct feeds for the proper kernels! Fail! Lol.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/03/2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I am at a loss. I overclocked my Pre years ago but for the life of me I can't get this thing to work. I followed the directions on the kernel testing feeds page to a tee but as of yet I can not get the feed to show up. I've tried probably 10 times already. Very frustrating.

Anyway to just install this via quick install? At this point I just want to get it over with!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet greggo View Post
    I am at a loss. I overclocked my Pre years ago but for the life of me I can't get this thing to work. I followed the directions on the kernel testing feeds page to a tee but as of yet I can not get the feed to show up. I've tried probably 10 times already. Very frustrating.

Anyway to just install this via quick install? At this point I just want to get it over with!
    Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm with this guy. I added both required feeds, and yet i don't see any of the oc kernels. someone please shed some light?
    sweet greggo and gqgiant, check out the precentral article about the kernels. Scroll down to the comments, somebody made a VERY helpful comment that solved the issue for me and worked like a charm.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVogt View Post
    sweet greggo and gqgiant, check out the precentral article about the kernels. Scroll down to the comments, somebody made a VERY helpful comment that solved the issue for me and worked like a charm.
    thank you
    posted by ftw666:

You missed this step,this is from webOS wiki

Type 'webos-kernels-testing' (without the quotes, and using lower case letters and hyphens only) in the NAME field of the NEW FEED section of the Manage Feeds screen accessible from the Preware application menu. If you make any error in this feed name, the URL below will not be replaced by the real URL when the device is rebooted, and you will not get access to the feeds. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE FEED NAME CORRECT!
    Put http://preware.is.awesome.com/ in the URL field. Note that this is not a real URL - it is a placeholder only. Again, you need to get the feed name correct for the real URL to be replaced correctly when the device is rebooted.
    Leave the IS COMPRESSED toggled on.
    Hit "Add Feed" and read the disclaimer carefully. Yes, the things you might find in kernel testing feeds are likely to completely wipe your device without warning. Hit the Ok button only if you are prepared to lose all your data and destroy your device without any regrets or complaints.
    Immediately reboot the device by simultaneously pressing the Opt, Sym and R keys. If you don't reboot the device, or if you only do a Luna Restart instead of a Device Reboot, then placeholder URL will not be replaced by the real URL and you will not get access to the feeds. MAKE SURE YOU REBOOT THE DEVICE!
    Wait for the device to boot. If you got the feed name correct, the placeholder URL will be replaced by the real feed URL automatically.
    Open Preware, and hit Update Feeds. Make sure you have a working network connection for this.

Preware will repair the URL field automatically when the device boots. Did I mention that you have to get the feed name precisely correct for this to happen? MAKE SURE YOU GET THE FEED NAME CORRECT AND REBOOT THE DEVICE!

You must be running Preware 1.1.4 or later for this to work (yes, this has been possible for quite some time).
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    smatofu likes this.
    @david Thanks for replying. Yeah I've got the "webos-testing-all" and "webos-testing-armv7" feeds installed but when I do those steps to add the kernel feed it doesn't work. When I reboot the TouchPad that feed isn't listed. I've tried many times.
    Sweet Greggo you have to do also do a "third" feed sort of speak.

webos-kernels-testing

http://preware.is.awesome.com

then restart, not taking credit for this.. big thumbs up and a thanks to Davidvogt for clearing this up.
    Yes, that's the "kernel feed" I was referring to. I've tried to do this step so many times I've lost count. When I restart it's just not there.
    As it's been stated above, there is only 1 feed that has the testing kernels in it. When I put my feeds in and followed all the directions, I didn't see the new kernels until a day later. I did add them the day of the update, so they might not have been made compatible at that time.

Nobody here is trying to be to secretive regarding the kernels. We just want to make sure you can figure out how to do it on your own. In the off-chance that you fry your TouchPad(or whatever device you are trying to overclock), then that responsibility lies solely on you. CYA rules in effect
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    mike5 and noseph like this.
  18. w0z
    For those running these kernals, what is the maximum temperature you're seeing on Govhah?

1. Palm Kernal ?
    2. UberKernal (I see 35C max)
    3. WarthogKernal ?
    4. F15C Eagle ?
    wow very sweet...

f15c eagle here with 1.728ghz
    33C
    battery current about -700 to -760
    Quote Originally Posted by jkendrick View Post
    Thanks, nice job in getting the word out about our creative brilliant homebrew and webos-internals community.
    w0z likes this.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast