Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    thank you guys for your help and input.....
    After the 3.0.2 update it doesn't seem to be working any more. The log says that the kernel is incompatible with the webOS version. Help please!
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Glad to hear you guys are having good experiences but I'm not interested in being an alpha tester. So far, I'm happy with the 3.0.2 update but once the 1.5 and 1.7 kernals are stable and had some maturity on them then I'll jump.
    just overclocked to 1.7 and I love it!
    Can someone help? I am doing something wrong, I added the feeds and still can't find the kernels.

Thanks!
    I couldn't get the kernel through Preware either but after following a lead from Twitter, I downloaded the kernel from the source, transferred the file to my TP then installed it via Preware (after following the rules from Web Internals wiki page).
    I'm running 1.7 on mine right now and loving this thing! Just received today and with this OC and some other patches, this thing is flying!I heard 2.0 GHz is around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Anybody go to 1.7?
    not yet but I want to!
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I am sticking with Uber Kernel as well. Very smooth and stable.
    agreed but I'm not noticing a huge difference
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    arm7 is Pre series I believe, not TouchPad. I didn't install armv7 testing feed and got TP testing kernels.

1.7 is working well for me
    touchpad is armv7.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    gonna kick back and wait for the final 2.0 GHz
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I couldn't get the kernel through Preware either but after following a lead from Twitter, I downloaded the kernel from the source, transferred the file to my TP then installed it via Preware (after following the rules from Web Internals wiki page).
    There are 2 different uber kernels, which one did u dl and install?

Nevermind, finally got the testing kernal feed to show up in preware. So excited to try uberkernel
    Last edited by je2345; 08/02/2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    please elaborate on buttery smooth. are we talking iOS-style scrolling through webpages?
    I am running uberkernel at 1.5 GHz and I think its more responsive than my iPad for sure.
    Thanks, and sorry, just did it so many times on my Pre's that I assumed it would be the same.

The confusion is that the test feed for Armv7 also says touchpad, and includes the kernels for the Pre 2 - so it is counter intuitive that the kernels for the TouchPad should be elsewhere, nevertheless, I should have read further.

Uberkernel on 1.5 is very impressive, will try if for a few days before going higher
    I second the poster who requested videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    agreed but I'm not noticing a huge difference
    The one thing where i am seeing a big difference is with multiple tabs open in advanced browser. I found my TP really lagged when I did that before installing uberkernel, now it runs very smoothly.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Videos!

ps how long do you all think it will take them to get out of 'testing'?
    Last edited by scorpeo88; 08/03/2011 at 01:30 AM.
    After the 1,5Ghz I'm now on the 1.7Ghz. Seems stable, much improvement in scrolling. Browser scrolling was already very good at 1.2Ghz I think, but now scrolling in other apps (also the bookmarks in the browser) is much smoother now. Almost iOS-speed.

I think the 2Ghz overclock may take the TouchPad to the same speedlevel as iPad2, that would be great.
    Just loaded F15C (love the boot screen by the way) and TP Gov.

Initial perceptions:
    * I am in the middle of a dead zone for data, running about 96k avg and PreCentral is always dead laggy loading under this solution. FWIW, PC snapped in very quickly after the update, and allowed me to scroll page while it was finishing the page load - a major breakthrough.

* Launcher is very snappy, smooth and WEB has never opened so quickly, bookmarks slider extremely responsive.

I will know more about battery tomorrow as I tend to stay charging overnight and untethered during the day. And I'm on this thing ALL day.

------------------
    Update from home with broadband speeds:

I had not moved the gov from 1.5 to 1.7, I now have.
    Browser competes with Chrome for speed. Very responsive.

Thanx uNiXpSyChO!
    Last edited by JD.Plourde.II; 08/03/2011 at 05:19 AM. Reason: update
  20. w0z
    Installed UberKernal-22 and set Govnah 0.95 to OnDemandTcl 1512. Just a question about how Govnah and the kernal work together. Must Govnah be running in background or can I close it once I set the overclock profile?
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast