Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    You guys have not experienced anything yet. Try unixPsycho's F15C experimental kernel running at 1.728 GHz and you will finally experience smooth on the Touchpad.

PS: I believe the 1.728 GHz is being achieved without any voltage increase, thus the impact on battery life ought to be minimal.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    can someone take a video of 1.7ghz? lol
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    I have installed the kernal..but what is the right govnah programmer you guys using. I have use the latest version but I can't change the frequency. Could someone direct me to the right govnah.
    can someone explain easily how to do this? I have the testing feeds activated in preware. I downloaded uberkernal with no problem, but the warthog kernel experiences an error. Do I need to install both? What about Govnah? Does this need to be installed? The only one that shows up is the phone version.
    How do you add test feeds, I have all feeds enabled but don't see test feeds?
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
    can someone explain easily how to do this? I have the testing feeds activated in preware. I downloaded uberkernal with no problem, but the warthog kernel experiences an error. Do I need to install both? What about Govnah? Does this need to be installed? The only one that shows up is the phone version.
    You install only 'ONE' kernel at a time. You must uninstall 'uberkernal' before trying to install the warthog kernel. Also remember to reboot the TouchPad after each install or uninstall of a kernel. It might be a good idea to carefully read through the instructions before playing overclocking kernels, specially experimental ones.

Yes, you do need to install Govnah. Just download whatever version you see listed and you will be provided an update for it next time you run Preware.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/02/2011 at 09:39 PM.

Wow. With the F15C kernel and the 3.0.2 update, this this is swift.

All I did was go to the Test Feeds - webOS Internals feed page and add the "all" and "armv7" feed and then the kernel feed at the bottom of the page. Rebooted and then went to preware then kernels and selected the F15c kernel. Installed, rebooted and I'm very happy!
    Wait, why are you guys installing the user kernel and warthhog? You only have to install uNiXpShYcO's F15C Eagle kernel.
    But man this is fast! I can finally believe that I have the fastest Table processor!
    Last edited by Rennat; 08/02/2011 at 09:55 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
    Make sure you have the phone version of Govnah installed on your TP. Then download your desired kernel through the testing feeds. Reboot your TP and go into preware. you will have an update for the TP version of Govnah.
    f15c was buggy for me @ 1.7 for some reason. even govnah only registered 1.18ghz

ran f15 @ 1.5 like 10 minutes after it was released and it was smooth

now running uber kernel @ 1.5 and its smooth.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Make sure you have the phone version of Govnah installed on your TP. Then download your desired kernel through the testing feeds. Reboot your TP and go into preware. you will have an update for the TP version of Govnah.
    the TP version is also in the testing feeds
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    je2345#WN likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog197804 View Post
    How do you add test feeds, I have all feeds enabled but don't see test feeds?
    Please read all instructions carefully. --> Testing Feeds

thanks for this thread ...just overclocked to 1.5 and loving it..
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    f15c was buggy for me @ 1.7 for some reason. even govnah only registered 1.18ghz

ran f15 @ 1.5 like 10 minutes after it was released and it was smooth

now running uber kernel @ 1.5 and its smooth.
    I am sticking with Uber Kernel as well. Very smooth and stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I am sticking with Uber Kernel as well. Very smooth and stable.
    it'll get faster too....rod said he forgot about the dual core and so uber is only overclocking 1 cpu
    @agentmock

arm7 is Pre series I believe, not TouchPad. I didn't install armv7 testing feed and got TP testing kernels.

1.7 is working well for me
    ArmV7 is anything that's not a Pixi
    I am drawing a blank here - installed the test feeds twice, (testing and armv7) correctly named, even restarted but I don't see the uberkernel. Had no problem with this with my Pre and Pre 2.
    that's because the kernels aren't in those feeds. They're in the kernel test feeds
    And please remember:

Those using experimental kernels *must* follow the 6 rules at Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast