Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MISC View Post
    is this safe to do?
    The way I see it, the manufacturer didn't intend for the cpu to reliably run at those speeds. I'm sure hp's engineers have spent more than just a few months determining what a safe clock speed would be. In other words, it is highly likely there is a sound reason for the manufacturer's decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It is not risk free, but there are many here who have been overclocking Pre for many months without issue. The general opinion is that if your device operates reliably and does not overheat then you will be okay.
    You speak the truth, but it should be noted that Pre/Pre+/Pre2 are powered by Texas Instruments OMAP SoCs and those are what we're experienced with - and yes, they've proven to be very good and reliable overclocking targets.

With HP's move to Qualcomm, however, all bets are off - we simply do not have the long-term experience that we have with OMAP with Snapdragon chips. They have been overclocked over at Android, where they've had Snapdragons for longer, and it does seem like they too won't just spontaneously pop and fizzle out on you within a year or two.

So overclocking your phone is much like overclocking your PC in that if something does go wrong, you're on your own and without a paddle in that raft on the brownish-looking creek. But it's unlike PC overclocking in that (here on webOS at least) it tends to be much easier, and while there's people who have fried brand-new processors on PCs, the most likely course of events if you overclock your phone/tablet processor is that the CPU will die after four years instead of six years had you not overclocked it.
    Am I missing something or does gonna 1.0.5 not appear in the regular feeds? Also, do prepare apps have the option to update like app cat apps or is it more of a look out for an update, uninstall and reinstall basis?
    Quote Originally Posted by joeym74 View Post
    I'd like to know where to you guys download this F15 kernel? I don't see it in preware under Kernel category.
    Did you check inside of Experimental? Preware -> Available Packages -> Kernel -> Experimental. You should see it and a few others in there.
    with Overclocking, should we use Jstop? and enable Jstop and let it go? what purpose does Jstop serve?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    with Overclocking, should we use Jstop? and enable Jstop and let it go? what purpose does Jstop serve?
    As I understand it, it periodically cleans up memory by purging it (Garbage Collecting). I've run with and without it and didn't notice much but it runs just fine with my Warthog and F15C overclocks on both tabs.
    Morydess: I OC mine with the 1.78. Now is there somethign I can do by clicking 1-2 button to take it to 1.8 or even 1.9 by changing numbers? or do I have redo the whole process and install something else?
    there are so many people writing stuff about OC'ing the TP. I followed instructions froma website i don't remember or can't find any more. I installed preware / govnah /uberkernel and loaded some feeds and messed with govnah settings. Now Cpu1 shows 192 mhz and cpu2=0. What am i doing wrong? Pls. advice. Yep.i'am a noob.
    mine's at 1.5ghz now. Not sure 1.9 with testing feeds is safe or not. You can always re-set thru Doctor if you brick it..i guess. Don't forget to backup stuff on a regular basis. Wish there was an app to schedule back ups *
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    Morydess: I OC mine with the 1.78. Now is there somethign I can do by clicking 1-2 button to take it to 1.8 or even 1.9 by changing numbers? or do I have redo the whole process and install something else?
    Changing CPU frequency is rather straightforward and can be done in Govanah. Changing to 1.8 or 1.9 would depend on whether the kernel you have installed supports those frquencies.

PS: I would suggest you not try to experiment too much with the 1.9, that is unless you are a little tech savy and are willing to risk having to doctor your tPad. Very few tPads are known to be able to run succesfuly at 1.9 GHz.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I just got the HP Touchpad 64GB version. My processor is already 1.5ghz, but I installed the uberkernal and now it's even more responsive. I bought mine from costcentral for $250.
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    So, I have seen conflicting reports..

does uberkernel overclock both cores or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
    So, I have seen conflicting reports..

does uberkernel overclock both cores or not?
    Yea, mine did. It's not obvious as the TP seems to use just a single core until the load requires two; however when I go into govnah and click on the core2 graph, it shows it peaking at 1512 every once in a while, although it typically is almost inactive

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
    UberKernel overclocks both cores as required depending on system load.

Do you rev your engine to 5000RPM when sitting at the traffic lights?

-- Rod
    KCTraveler and sledge007 like this.
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel overclocks both cores as required depending on system load.

Do you rev your engine to 5000RPM when sitting at the traffic lights?

-- Rod
    haha. in my mazda rx7 with 300k miles? no sir.

thats hilarious
    Global Posts
    1,288 Global Posts
    Overclocked to 1.8 and this thing flies and I've had no issues. I opened almost every app and the thing didn't lag once
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
    haha. in my mazda rx7 with 300k miles? no sir.

thats hilarious
    actually our rotaries love high rpms. So rev lol

I'm running f4 phantom and love it.
    Don't forget to add oil

sent from my thunderbolt
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tptp View Post
    mine's at 1.5ghz now. Not sure 1.9 with testing feeds is safe or not. You can always re-set thru Doctor if you brick it..i guess. Don't forget to backup stuff on a regular basis. Wish there was an app to schedule back ups *
    Could you point me in the direction of how to back things up? I read it early on and forgot which thread it was in
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    Could you point me in the direction of how to back things up? I read it early on and forgot which thread it was in
    Many items will restore from your Palm/HP profile such as apps and contacts. To backup files,pictures,music you will need to copy them via USB mode to your computer. Also you could check out a Web OS internals app called Save/Restore. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html