Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    I installed the latest version on F15C-41 Kernel. When I open Govnah the only profile available is OnDemandTcl 1512. Is there a default Profile for F15C?

I did reboot my TP after installation of the kernel and saw the picture of the jets.

I have tried changing the speed under CPU Frequency to a new profile but I receive a Unable to open/sys/device/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scalling_govnah error message when I hit apply.

Can anyone advise?
    Have you guys have problems with YouTube not working after a few hours? I stopped using uberkernal 1.5 because of this issue. A reset would fix the problem, but I don't like to wait for the TP to reset.
    ^ AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $this$ $is$ $not$ $an$ $OC$ $kernel$ $issue$. $It$ $happened$ $to$ $me$ $a$ $few$ $times$ $before$ $the$ $overclock$. $The$ '$losing$ $sound$' $issue$ $seems$ $to$ $coincide$ $with$ $the$ $YT$ $issue$ $too$.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronomer View Post
    Set your power profile to "on demand". That way your processor hits maximum speed only when you need it, and only draws juice when required. I set my minimum speed to about 1Ghz so when surfing or just sitting idle it will draw less current than keeping it continually maxed out at 1,7Ghz or higher.
    Your minimum is set to 1ghz as opposed to 192mhz? I thought that would cause more drain...?
    I have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I installed the latest version on F15C-41 Kernel. When I open Govnah the only profile available is OnDemandTcl 1512. Is there a default Profile for F15C?

I did reboot my TP after installation of the kernel and saw the picture of the jets.

I have tried changing the speed under CPU Frequency to a new profile but I receive a Unable to open/sys/device/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scalling_govnah error message when I hit apply.

Can anyone advise?
    Quote Originally Posted by okabekah View Post
    Your minimum is set to 1ghz as opposed to 192mhz? I thought that would cause more drain...?
    It will cause a bit more drain, but not an appreciable amount. I've since readjusted to a 648MHz min and 1.836GHz max. Idling, it's drawing 545-609mA. Set to 1GHz, the draw wasn't much more.
    I upgraded the kernel, but I've noticed in Govnah now, only the first CPU is responding. The second has been at 0 MHz for hours now... Is this right? Also, I can't switch to on demand! I have the same problem as Craig and ariker.
    is this safe to do?
    I'm running f15c and its way faster. When I open govnah CPU 2 shows 0 but the graph shows spikes to 1.7 then back down. Is this normal? Or is it suppose to be a constant 1.7 for CPU 2?

Can anyone advise?
    Im getting the same problem and have noticed that CPU 2 is not being used (or displaying use).
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Im getting the same problem and have noticed that CPU 2 is not being used (or displaying use).
    had the same issue but after I updated Govnah to v1.0.5 CPU 2 now works.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Reading the other threads, it seems that this Kernel was updated to revert back to the one before F15C-40.

I ended uninstalling the kernel, reinstalling the stock kernel and then reinstalling F15C-41. I do not get the error anymore.
    Power saving settings on the TP will turn off one CPU core if it's not needed. It will fire up if an app or system load requires it.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I keep getting this error:

Please Help,

Sam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So is it normal for uberkernel to use only one core primarily and the second only when it (seemingly) needs it, otherwise resting at 0mhz? I have the latest versions of uberkernel and gonna.

Can anyone advise?
    Fix for that appears to be:
    -Delete any custom Govnah profiles you created (left or ride swipe brings up DELETE)
    -Uninstall Govnah
    -Reboot device
    -Reinstall Govnah

***NOTE***
    This also resolves the issue for some people with the broken Core2 reporting. HOWEVER, most people showing no Core2 activity is because it's designed to not need it most of the time and stay at zero. If you run a half dozen apps, video and games and Core2 is STILL at zero with 1-second polling, this uninstall/reinstall trick should fix that too. It did for me.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    I'm on 1.5, is 1.7 a big difference? Is 1.7 just as easy to do as the 1.5?

Thanks everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    I'm on 1.5, is 1.7 a big difference? Is 1.7 just as easy to do as the 1.5?

Thanks everyone
    Short answer: yes. Long answer: yesss
    :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by MISC View Post
    is this safe to do?
    It is not risk free, but there are many here who have been overclocking Pre for many months without issue. The general opinion is that if your device operates reliably and does not overheat then you will be okay. Any reduction in processor life-span probably still exceeds the time that you intend to hang on to it for. Having said that, it may void your warranty.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbond View Post
    Where did you get the F15-C -40 and is it installed same way as older version?
    I'd like to know where to you guys download this F15 kernel? I don't see it in preware under Kernel category.