Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    What does TCP Congestion: RENO do?
    There are some white paper research papers out there...most are from 2004/2003 comparing RENO to Westward+ . Basically it is how your TCP handler manages network flows (overflows, colisions and such). Most of the time RENO is faster at this handlers..we are talking crazy speeds 900ms and such..

To give you an idea...60 frames per seconds is 108ms. So basically RENO may or not be better but you will never notice. This is important for large WANs, and SANs...
    i have my TP running overclocked to 1.5ghz and tried to install F15c kernel to get it to overclocked to 1.7ghz but the installation failed. Do I have to remove uberkernel first?
    Quote Originally Posted by can_ack View Post
    i have my TP running overclocked to 1.5ghz and tried to install F15c kernel to get it to overclocked to 1.7ghz but the installation failed. Do I have to remove uberkernel first?
    Yes I had to uninstall...reboot then install F15c and reboot. If it all works you will get a text looking boot with 2x F15 jet pics up top. Once your back in then go to Govnah and setup a 1.7 profile. Some people can get 1.8 but the recommended is still 1.7 for battery and stability.

Personally I set up 3 profiles (Stock, 1.5 and 1.7).
    Quote Originally Posted by serverfull View Post
    Yes I had to uninstall...reboot then install F15c and reboot. If it all works you will get a text looking boot with 2x F15 jet pics up top. Once your back in then go to Govnah and setup a 1.7 profile. Some people can get 1.8 but the recommended is still 1.7 for battery and stability.

Personally I set up 3 profiles (Stock, 1.5 and 1.7).
    Thanks. Will try that tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    With the stock kernel it ramps up quicker due to the slower CPU speed. Also F15 starts it's bottom end at 432MHz (the real bottom) so the governor calculates things correctly when scaling up, so scaling from 192MHz during peak load will ramp up the 2nd core quicker, hence people seeing the 2nd core come online more than with my kernel. Along with the fact it's also 1.7GHz and I do other tweaks to run more efficient so it really doesnt need the 2nd core as much. Also, most users aren't ramping up Govnah to poll every 1s to actually see the 2nd core ramp up.
    so you're saying your kernel is more efficient than F15's? If so, sign me up!
    Been running F15C since the firesale last Saturday and all has been well. I haven't needed to touch my netbook since I bought this thing, once I get a wireless keyboard, I'll be completely independent!! Heck, I can't even fullscreen Hulu or Youtube on my eeepc, gets all choppy. My overclocked TP handles it just fine though!

Stepped govnah up to 1.8GHZ today!!!! Stable for over an hour!!
    I've installed uberkernel and govnah, but could someone explain where I choose my overclock settings? I can't find anything to toggle in either of the apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbf1138 View Post
    I've installed uberkernel and govnah, but could someone explain where I choose my overclock settings? I can't find anything to toggle in either of the apps.
    open govnah, select profile,select advanced settings,select CPU frequency. Select your minimum and maximum freq. Don't forget to hit apply settings. that's it
    any reason to set my min's higher than the default 192?

I have uber at 1.52 (scaling on demand).

Thanks,
    RR
    Finally OC'ed mine to 1.5 with uberkernel.

works MUCH better!!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Hey! I'm loving the overclocking TP as well! However, I was wondering... What is your battery life under F15-C Eagle, overclockers? I had mine at 1.7ghz, but the battery drain is extensive, even when I switched to 1.5... It seemed to be losing 1-2% every four to six minutes. What are everyone's peak mA drainage rates in Govnah, just so I can compare? If it's normal, I won't say another thing about the battery issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by a5ehren View Post
    Well I've found one issue. Spaz HD won't do background updates with that patch installed - after removing the patch and restoring some of the logging levels it will only update when in card view, but not with another app running full screen. I'm working with one of the devs now to figure out which logging levels to restore to make it work.
    Quick update on this (if anyone cares). Turns out that wasn't the problem - HP removed the API call they were using for background updating in the 3.0.2 update. They're working on a fix, but it may be awhile.
    Im running psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad_3.0.2-41 and have been testing 1.9GHz for the whole day and seems 100% stable! This thing is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaast!

Zero problems so far! Amazing amazing amazing!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    just overclocked my TP32 last night. used F15C overclocked to 1.7. Now i know what fast feels like!! after i overclocked it, gave it back to my wife without telling her, she asked me what i did because she said the touchpad got faster, more responsive. very happy!! i can't comment yet on battery life, i'll see later tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeEuzUKY View Post
    Im running psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad_3.0.2-41 and have been testing 1.9GHz for the whole day and seems 100% stable! This thing is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaast!

Zero problems so far! Amazing amazing amazing!
    Nice! Mine locks up as soon as I select and save 1.944 GHz. 1.728Ghz is very stable. I'll have to play around with the settings to get it working properly. At least I can recover with a hard reboot. Did you change any settings to get to 1.9?
    ...just set it to 1.836Ghz, and no lock up. I'll keep it here for the day and see how stable it remains.
    Is there anyone that can help me, or maybe comment on battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by okabekah View Post
    Hey! I'm loving the overclocking TP as well! However, I was wondering... What is your battery life under F15-C Eagle, overclockers? I had mine at 1.7ghz, but the battery drain is extensive, even when I switched to 1.5... It seemed to be losing 1-2% every four to six minutes. What are everyone's peak mA drainage rates in Govnah, just so I can compare? If it's normal, I won't say another thing about the battery issue.
    If you were running F15-C -40; I would suggest you upgrade to -41 which came out yesterday.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by okabekah View Post
    Is there anyone that can help me, or maybe comment on battery life?
    Set your power profile to "on demand". That way your processor hits maximum speed only when you need it, and only draws juice when required. I set my minimum speed to about 1Ghz so when surfing or just sitting idle it will draw less current than keeping it continually maxed out at 1,7Ghz or higher.
    noobftw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    If you were running F15-C -40; I would suggest you upgrade to -41 which came out yesterday.
    Where did you get the F15-C -40 and is it installed same way as older version?