Increased touch sensitivity and smoothness 10
    Muffle system logging
    Unset CFQ IO scheduler
    Unthrottle download manager

Govnah Advanced Settings
    - CPU Frequency: Ondemand
    - I/O Scheduler: NOOP
    - TCP Congestion: RENO
    Muffle System Logging has been known to cause issues with the Photo app and viewing photos from the Camera app thumbnail. Have you experienced these issues on the TP?
    Global Posts
    1,292 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick replies. I'm in line at BB in Hawaii. There are about 8 people here.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=21.317872,-157.874000
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Muffle System Logging has been known to cause issues with the Photo app and viewing photos from the Camera app thumbnail. Have you experienced these issues on the TP?
    What kind of issues? I can try to reproduce if possible - but the TP doesn't come with a Camera app, so I don't know what difference that makes.

<--Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Well I've found one issue. Spaz HD won't do background updates with that patch installed - after removing the patch and restoring some of the logging levels it will only update when in card view, but not with another app running full screen. I'm working with one of the devs now to figure out which logging levels to restore to make it work.
    i was able to instal F15C eagle kernel, however it shows the cpu speed at 1.5 and I dont have the option for 1.7
    Is there a huge difference between the 1.5 GHz overclock and the 1.7 GHz overclock?
    Global Posts
    1,292 Global Posts
    is 1.7 safe? What all is needed to do the overclock
    I wouldn't imagine there's a huge diff. The tablet is pretty smooth and very responsive with my settings above.
    running at 1.5ghz and it rocks. Much faster than my 1st generation iPad.
    When will the 2.0ghz update be out?
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyg01 View Post
    When will the 2.0ghz update be out?
    Around the same time as the 2.5GHz one.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by X10D3 View Post
    Here's what has made mine very fast.

Uberkernel 1.5
    Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    Increased touch sensitivity and smoothness 10
    Muffle system logging
    Unset CFQ IO scheduler
    Unthrottle download manager

Govnah Advanced Settings
    - CPU Frequency: Ondemand
    - I/O Scheduler: NOOP
    - TCP Congestion: RENO
    Wow... I just did all these... and am amazed!!

It's like a whole new beast.

AND, this is so much easier than android and having to boot into recovery to apply these types of changes.

+1 webOS
    Got it working and it helps
    Why is no one talking about overclocking it past 1.83 GHz?

This entire thread talks about up to 1.5 and 1.7 GHz, but I've been able to over clock my TP up to 1.83 GHz. It is 100% functional and has not crashed on me since Saturday.

The profile is set to Min and Max at 1.83 GHz. As soon as I put it into 1.9Ghz and hit apply settings, it crashes on me and I have to hold the power button to force it to shut down.

But other than that, why isn't anyone overclocking their TP up to 1.8 GHz like me?
    Im running mine at 1.72ghz right now.

Super quick...Although it was super quick after I installed the preware patches..friggin awesome.

I was going to keep it at 1.5 until I saw ZDnet's posting and also that it dynamically downclocks itself based on load, like Intel's speedstep..so it's not running 1.7 ghz the entire time..made me decide to to do it.

This community rocks..This is my first "palm" device..

I owned a handspring pda back in the day, you can consider that palm since it was an offshoot..
    1.728 is max possible at stock voltage.

muffle is not the issue. The palm file indexer is the culprit
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    What does TCP Congestion: RENO do?
    I don't mind using F15C at 1.7, but since it was updated to keep both cores active, has anyone noticed much difference in battery life. Yeah, the TP has great battery life, but I can live with 1.5 if there is a significant difference.
    I am running the F15C kernel and it runs awesome. I have 3 profiles setup...1.2, 1.5, and 1.7. I do have a question for the guys that have been running for a bit. How hot is to hot on the battery. The Following is on: Bluetooth (using keyboard), Wifi and brightness 100%. It's also charging right now. After about 2 hours my temps hit 38c. I looked 2x yesterday and the max I saw was 36c. When running my 1.7Ghz profile when should I be consired?

I run overclocks on my desktops and usually you can find max operating Temp in white papers....I haven't seen anything about the LiION battery that is in here. Most Sony batteries are 60c before shut down (after the boom boom battery scandal).

What are you guys seeing?

Thanks!