Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    warthhog
    on demand
    1.2 low-1.7 high

-After 5 hours, battery life was at 48%

-Had turned off wifi in 2nd hour and could not turn it on again even with luna restart but was able to turn on with device restart (this had never happened to me before)

-noticeable improvement in speed when going to Log-Me-In website and accessing remote computer. Was able to do spotlight search on remote computer which I had been barely able to perform before installing the kernel.

Good work, will continue to report

edit: have since changed parameters to 0.192- 1.7
    btw, still not overclocking, but the mail app pops up instantly after i launch it the first time. every time after it just pops up. i also have the basic solitaire game the pops up right away.

why does this happens to these two app and why not others?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    ok so how would this girl (meaning me...lol) go about learning to tweak my Touchpad for speed? I'm seriously interested! Ive got preware and installed a few patches to speed things up but would love to be faster ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by xexeri View Post
    ok so how would this girl (meaning me...lol) go about learning to tweak my Touchpad for speed? I'm seriously interested! Ive got preware and installed a few patches to speed things up but would love to be faster ;-)
    Start with Muffle System Logging and Remove Dropped Packet Logging. Make sure you've used it for a while unpatched so you can see the difference.
  5. w0z
    Quote Originally Posted by d-larsen View Post
    Running two days on F15C with heavy-heavy-heavy use. Only problem I experienced was an occasional loss of WiFi until the update of F15C yesterday. That issue resolved now. I removed Touch Sensitivity 10 before the kernel change because it caused the problems referred to above by w0z before and after I updated the kernel. Now I have no problems at all with F15C. Profile is "Unknown" and "ondemandtcl". Running both cores at 1.728Ghz on demand utilizing 685-715mA consistantly. I'm overjoyed!
    Thanks for the implied suggestion to remove Touch Sensitivity 10! Since doing so I've not had any problems with touch going dead (running UberKernel, Govnah 0.9.8). Perhaps someone needs to take a look at Touch Sensitivity 10... I may install basic Touch Sensitivity (not 10) to see if the touch problems return.

Perhaps Rod needs to suggest which patches may be incompatible with UberKernel when he releases it.
  6. w0z
    Quote Originally Posted by w0z View Post
    Thanks for the implied suggestion to remove Touch Sensitivity 10! Since doing so I've not had any problems with touch going dead (running UberKernel, Govnah 0.9.8). Perhaps someone needs to take a look at Touch Sensitivity 10... I may install basic Touch Sensitivity (not 10) to see if the touch problems return.
    Indeed my touch issues returned so I think both Touch patches may need some work. This was especially noticed when looking at Twitter feeds.

I'm also seeing the audio skipping issue that 3.0.2 was supposed to fix (while listening to a TunedIn station) but this may not be due to UberKernel.
    Perhaps Rod needs to suggest which patches may be incompatible with UberKernel when he releases it.
    Pretty sure he does the best he can to inform us of things like that.....but until it's in a stable form, that's what the testing is all about
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Start with Muffle System Logging and Remove Dropped Packet Logging. Make sure you've used it for a while unpatched so you can see the difference.
    Thanx....I had those along with the Faster card animations & Unthrottle Download Manager & it did seem MUCH faster.....I just thought maybe there was more I could do.....Although I'm not complaining of course :-)
    Call me an *****, but I can't find uberkernel on Preware or Quick Install at all. In kernel all I have is recovery. I checked everywhere and did a search for Uber and can't find the patch for the TouchPad. Please help
    StompAWOT likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitho View Post
    Call me an *****, but I can't find uberkernel on Preware or Quick Install at all. In kernel all I have is recovery. I checked everywhere and did a search for Uber and can't find the patch for the TouchPad. Please help
    uber not released yet to public feeds, keep checking back starting next week or watch this thread.
    So how do I overclock my TouchPad like everyone says I should?
    Indeed my touch issues returned so I think both Touch patches may need some work. This was especially noticed when looking at Twitter feeds.

I'm also seeing the audio skipping issue that 3.0.2 was supposed to fix (while listening to a TunedIn station) but this may not be due to UberKernel.
    Touch sensitivity patches are always a trade-off - you don't get something for nothing. What you are seeing is unrelated to kernels.

-- Rod
    so i was able to find F15C kernel on preware, so I uninstalled the Uberkernel and installed F15C instead. Now, I ran Govnah to change the Min Frequency to 384 MHZ and Max Frequency to 1.728 ghz and whenI hit apply settings it gives me an error saying Unable to open /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor so i clicked back to the main screen and its displaying 1.728 ghz. Does this mean its been applied or do i need to redo something? Do I even need to use Govnah to bump up the frequency at all with F15C or does it automatically bump it up after applying the kernel?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Please can you detail HOW you do this? I've had my TP for 5 days and I'd like to try it.

Also, is it reversable? Can I go back to standard if I need to?

Alan
    I had this question too. It's answered a few times if you look at all the threads but here it is again in a nutshell. Go to App store and download homebrew doc program and follow instructions. That will point you on how to install Homebrew and the Kernels like Uber or F15c....
    Alan, basically you need to install Preware first. Then you install the Govnah app through Preware which is really simple, then you need to install a kernel to clock up- I'd suggest Uberkernel, its most stable.

it is all reversible.

instructions are available for all of this through this site and webOS internals wiki pages- too much detail to put in this post. Its actually rather simple though and makes a huge difference imho.
    Last edited by fubber; 08/10/2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by quinn12 View Post
    I had this question too. It's answered a few times if you look at all the threads but here it is again in a nutshell. Go to App store and download homebrew doc program and follow instructions. That will point you on how to install Homebrew and the Kernels like Uber or F15c....
    This is good advice :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by anoose View Post
    so i was able to find F15C kernel on preware, so I uninstalled the Uberkernel and installed F15C instead. Now, I ran Govnah to change the Min Frequency to 384 MHZ and Max Frequency to 1.728 ghz and whenI hit apply settings it gives me an error saying Unable to open /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor so i clicked back to the main screen and its displaying 1.728 ghz. Does this mean its been applied or do i need to redo something? Do I even need to use Govnah to bump up the frequency at all with F15C or does it automatically bump it up after applying the kernel?
    If Govanah is displaying 1.728 GHz, then I suppose it is already running at 1.728 GHz and you are all set. But, unfortunately you are right about the error. I have just tried to change the 'MAX FREQ' and I too have gotten the same error. It seems there is a newly introduced bug, in either Govanah v1.0.3 or in the current version of the F15C Eagle Kernel.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by maduhbee View Post
    even at 1.728GHz, scrolling and pinch zooming is still laggy

I'm gonna return the touchpad... it was a fun 3 days... kind of..
    Why not try it out for a few more days? You've got 14 anyways. Mine didn't really start speeding up until I did a full reboot after the 3rd day.

And if you return it, you eat the 15% restocking fee. So maybe sell it on craigslist for what you got it for so someone who didn't get in on the deal can buy it?

Where are you guys getting the F15C anyways? I didn't see it in Preware, just Uberkernel.
    after updating to 3.0.2 I finally waded into Prepare, patching and uberkernel. After WebOS doctoring got to do it again, even! 2nd time paid attention to what patches really made a difference coupled with changes in Govnah. Aside from the 1.5 uberkernel, the unset CFQ io scheduler far and away made the largest performance difference of the various patches (documented elsewhere very nicely). I'd not installed it previously, as I'd not yet figured out what is was for. Researched it today... Oh yes...

Wow! Thought it was fast before... Wow.

Then changed the I/O scheduler to noop vs. cfq in Gonna. Next up is to see if TCP congestion makes a difference to my WiFi performance.

This thing is SOOOO much faster now. Must be my good karma for spending my HP app bucks on Preware doodads...
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast