Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr Hyde
  1.    #1  
    the new update is wonderful, but I can't seem to get the syncing with my pre 2 to work, it says to connect a phone when I'm trying to send sms with touchpad, even though it is connected. Anyone had success with this or is the pre2 incompatible?
    You cannot send SMS from a connected phone as yet - this functionality is expected in a future update for the pre2 (and veer)...
    sucks because I just switched carriers and got a veer specifically for this functionality. My Pre- was able to bluetooth just fine.

I may return it before my 30 days are up, eat the restock fee and go back to sprint since it is cheaper.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by provost View Post
    sucks because I just switched carriers and got a veer specifically for this functionality. My Pre- was able to bluetooth just fine.

I may return it before my 30 days are up, eat the restock fee and go back to sprint since it is cheaper.
    Are you trying to say you could SMS message on the touchpad via your Pre- on sprint? I think not.
    kjb86 likes this.
    <<mod delete>>

I was implying that the audio pairing worked just fine since it should have been inferred that was working fine but SMS was not.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/02/2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: unnecessary
    No devices currently support this feature. Whether that is a Palm Pre on Sprint or an HP Veer on ATT.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    ok, that answers that then (re: SMS from TP).
    Just be grateful that all you people with a Pre 2 and Veer WILL be getting the update for that eventually. Everyone still on a Pre and Pre Plus will not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Just be grateful that all you people with a Pre 2 and Veer WILL be getting the update for that eventually. Everyone still on a Pre and Pre Plus will not.
    There's always Meta-Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Pre 2 isn't guaranteed to be able to SMS, since SMS at this point is a part of TTS according to HP documentation so far (from what I remember) Veer and Pre3 are the only phones that have been said to get this function.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Pre 2 isn't guaranteed to be able to SMS, since SMS at this point is a part of TTS according to HP documentation so far (from what I remember) Veer and Pre3 are the only phones that have been said to get this function.
    You sure about that? The TouchPad specifically says that it must be connected via Bluetooth.

And the calling functions already work, so it's gotta be a matter of adding the ability to do SMS over BT to the phone's BT stack.

I know that other phones in the past have had this ability, because I used it from my Tungsten T3 thru a Sony and a Samsung back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    You sure about that? The TouchPad specifically says that it must be connected via Bluetooth.

And the calling functions already work, so it's gotta be a matter of adding the ability to do SMS over BT to the phone's BT stack.

I know that other phones in the past have had this ability, because I used it from my Tungsten T3 thru a Sony and a Samsung back in the day.
    Like I said, I am not saying Pre 2 won't, but there is NOWHERE it is guaranteed to do SMS. When I say no guarantee I am saying that until word comes from HP that Pre 2 will support SMS I will go with everything that has been said about the TP and Veer/Pre3.

To add the part you are talking about "must be connected to bluetooth" is in relation to TTS, TTS has only been guaranteed with the Veer and Pre3 (for obvious reasons). This is why I say there is no guarantee with Pre 2.

With that said, there is nothing for me to be "sure" about at this time. I am just trying to keep unfounded information from becoming truth.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by provost View Post

HP has said there will be an OTA upgrade to the Veer to allow it you to SMS from your TP.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    I was flipping out before I found this thread. I just got my TouchPad today and was thinking my Veer was borked and was about to try to webOS doctor it... I even created a completely new webOS profile thinking mine was somehow corrupted.

Is there anything official from HP addressing this?

Also, Tap to Share doesn't work. Is this not supported yet as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by donman78 View Post
    I was flipping out before I found this thread. I just got my TouchPad today and was thinking my Veer was borked and was about to try to webOS doctor it... I even created a completely new webOS profile thinking mine was somehow corrupted.

Is there anything official from HP addressing this?

Also, Tap to Share doesn't work. Is this not supported yet as well?
    Veer owners are waiting for an update at this point to give them these functions. A new Pre 3 owner in the UK has reported that the TTS function works on the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    There's always Meta-Doctor.
    If Homebrew makes another Meta Doctor for every update. But I think at some point, our poor little phones wont be able to handle them.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    But the Pre 2 isnt going to be left behind with no support. It has the hardware and all that the old phones dont. That was HPs only reason for not releasing updates for Pres and Pre Pluses. The Pre 2 will get an update for SMS over bluetooth just like the Veer will Im sure.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    I just noticed that in the TouchPad bluetooth connection settings, you have a "webOS phone" option, but not in the Veer. In fact, the Veer sees the TouchPad as an audio device, which I guess would explain why you can make calls through it.