Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Has anybody used this Touchpad Volume increase .ipk?

Increase Touchpad Volume | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

I just installed it and it made a HUGE difference! Awesome...

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    im using the lite version
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    im using the lite version
    Lite version? This is s a free .ipk download, what lite version?

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    Quote Originally Posted by grometnj View Post
    Lite version? This is s a free .ipk download, what lite version?
    Check out the 'patch' thread. --> Increase Touchpad Volume
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grometnj View Post
    Has anybody used this Touchpad Volume increase .ipk?

Increase Touchpad Volume | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

I just installed it and it made a HUGE difference! Awesome...

-Gromet
    Yes...it works as advertised
    it def does very loud now, much louder then the Ipad 2, or galaxy tab ( I tested both).
    is the sound still clear at a higher volume? I was going to try this patch, I just didn't want it to be too much for the tp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    is the sound still clear at a higher volume? I was going to try this patch, I just didn't want it to be too much for the tp.
    ive patched it too, and for the most part I click it down 1 notch because it gets a bit too loud on some tracks. That being said it is very clear to me atleast with, or without the patch at a very high volume.
    I waited for the 3.0.2 update yesterday before trying it and it made a huge difference for me as well.

Using my Bose QC2 headphones I did notice some slight background hiss in a podcast in the top three notches but later tried a movie (the matrix 1999) and some mp3s I bought through 7Digital and some older ones and neither had any hiss, so I blame the first on the podcast recording not the patch. I'm happy with it.
    I've also installed this, but I'm not sure I like it too much. It seems to make it a bit scratchy. I like to use the TP with an AUX cable in the car, and it just doesn't play the music very well at all. Even with the Volume Increase .idk the sound just isn't very loud at all.

It helps a little to use Audiophile instead of the HP Music app because of the basic Bass and Treble control....but I'd prefer to use the native app.

I was hoping for a bit of a fix with the OTA update, but no such luck.
    I waited for 3.0.2 as well, prior to applying this patch; wish I wouldn't have waited! Prior to the patch, I just kept the volume all the way up; now I have to turn Audiophile down a bit. Speakers and headphones both; haven't encountered any sound degradation to this point. Next test is to run it through the Alpine/Polk Audio setup in the vehicle. this past weekend, the TPad had significantly lower gain than my wife's iPod.
    NICE!