1.    #1  
    I have a launch day pre- patched to death and running Uber-Kernal. I can't believe it opens apps quicker and is generally more responsive than the 1.2 GHz Dual-Core beast in the TP, even after 3.0.2. I know there is more screen size to process but still….

I have full faith in continued development of webOS 3x, but I am still shocked my pre- is quicker in almost every aspect.

Anyone else notice this difference?
    I have a Pre2 that is running pretty much stock WebOS 2.1. I does seem faster, that's for sure. But, WebOS is optimized like crazy for the original Pre and the Pre2 just flys with it. WebOS 3 is brand new and is being optimized for the TouchPad, and has a ton of new stuff in it.

I think the update to 3.0.2 brings the TouchPad up to par with the performance of my Pre2.
    opening what apps?????

If i do angry birds side by side the touchpad is faster.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I agree, but one other thing to keep in mind is that the Touchpad generally has more advanced versions of apps as well, which means it's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

I do like how it seems to cache apps after the first use though, so they load much faster then.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    opening what apps?????

If i do angry birds side by side the touchpad is faster.
    Any apps. I don't do gamming on a 3.1" screen. Side by side my pre- is faster with scrolling, app load and even tossing card off the screen.

Once again, I have my pre- patched and overclocked, but I am just surprised. My touch pad also has preware installed and I have it patched as well.
    I have the Enyo framework copied to my Pre2, so I installed an app I'm building to it and tested it on both. The touchpad loads it faster without a doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I do like how it seems to cache apps after the first use though, so they load much faster then.
    But strangely enough, the apps only open quickly a couple of times, after which once again the app opens slowly. Then again, the app opens fast a couple of times, before opening slowly again. The cycle repeats itself endlessly. This has been the case with webOS right from the very begining and the phone app on all the Pres behaves this way too.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Some apps open slower, some faster. It is what it is. Having 1346 songs on my TouchPad, I'd expect it to open slower than the Pre. Having umpteen photo albums syncing from Facebook, I'd expect the same. My email opens instantly with a lot more emails in it though.

Guess I'm not as nit-picky as some, I haven't even bothered to see the difference until I saw this thread. Non-issue for me, and lately my Pre has been running sub par, (not sure if it's the last 2 weeks of solid freeTether use).

For the most part we're talking the difference in load time of less than a second.
    There is just a general ackwardness to the touchpad to me. Guess my pre2 is just too smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    But strangely enough, the apps only open quickly a couple of times, after which once again the app opens slowly. Then again, the app opens fast a couple of times, before opening slowly again. The cycle repeats itself endlessly. This has been the case with webOS right from the very begining and the phone app on all the Pres behaves this way too.
    Maybe it only holds a certain amount in the cache and then purges the rest. I"m thinking the touchpad probably reserves a certain amount of memory for running apps and can only allocate some ram for cache in order to not run into memory errors? My guess. A big guess at that.
    is the OP opening Mojo apps on the touchpad, or enyo apps? Or PDK apps? Those are some huge variables.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Maybe it only holds a certain amount in the cache and then purges the rest. I"m thinking the touchpad probably reserves a certain amount of memory for running apps and can only allocate some ram for cache in order to not run into memory errors? My guess. A big guess at that.
    But the cycle of apps opening slow/quick/quick/slow/quick/quick/slow..... happens even without any other apop running or being opened during the test.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is the OP opening Mojo apps on the touchpad, or enyo apps? Or PDK apps? Those are some huge variables.
    I have opened Mojo and Enyo apps, but the big difference is opening anything in settings. huge difference in speed!