Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have noticed this since launch but I was waiting to see if it might be in this update. I don't know if other have noticed this or not...

When I watch a video that I have trans-coded on either my mac or pc with handbrake. When I watch the video from the beginning the fame rate looks fine and the video is nice a smooth but if I seek (like pick a spot later in the video) the video at any point it seems like like the touchpad drops frames/the video becomes choppier(there is nothing else running and I have done it with a clean boot as well as tried several options in handbrake). It not like super notice able but it drives me crazy. I thought maybe it would be fixed with 3.0.2 but it has not and I have not seen anyone else post about it.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?
    Hrm I do get a bit of lag at first when I seek, but this quickly goes away. My videos aren't HD though they are just 480p or less. I have not tried a 720p or 1080p with the native video player. 720p and 1080p(no point in 1080p but it WORKS!) with you tube works great though!

-Toaster
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ya I have encoded both sd and hd and I have seen the issue on both... I am trying to see if the profile for handbrake posted on the forums is going to make a difference. I have tried a lot of options and they all seem to have the same effect.
    Hrm I think there was an option I changed that made handbreak encode A ton faster it also fixed my issue with the touchpad not being able to play or see the videos as well. I forget which option it was though.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Yeah, I have seen the same issue. 720p@23fps or 720p@25fps play fine, until you pause or seek. Then the default video player will start dropping frames. I even bought KalemSoft Media Player; what a waste of $7US. I have even installed Preware, the UberKernel and Govnah to OC the CPU's. There is a slight improvement, but still jittery video. I hope someone can find out the source of the issue and can possibly release a patch. Or I'll just wait for someone to port Andriod.