1.    #1  
    A huge selling point for me regarding webOS has been "true" multitasking. I differentiated webOS's way of multitasking as "true" because I believed where other operating systems were holding another app in a dormant state, webOS was capable of actually running another app in parallel to another running app. However, I have been finding that this is actually not the case. I have seen the card of another app freeze as I switch to another card.

For example, I really enjoy playing solitaire on my TouchPad. However, I find that after I place the card that spurs the domino effect of cards automatically finishing the game for me, it is a bit slow. Being my usual short attention spanned self, I decide I'll switch over to my web browser as the game deals itself out. Unfortunately, after browsing a bit, I return to my game and notice it is exactly where I left it! Huh? That is not what I consider "true" multitasking!

Another place I find my multitasking needs unfulfilled is opening new cards while web browsing. When click-holding and selecting "open in new card," I expect that window to open, load in the background and wait patiently for me to switch over to it. That is not the case. The new card doesn't load until it is active :-( I find this, again, not an example of "true" multitasking.

Multitasking really has been a huge differentiating point between webOS and other operating systems...Does anyone else feel a bit underwhelmed with multitasking in webOS?
    With games the purpose of switching between apps is that your game is paused...otherwise most other apps will keep running (ex: Music, Browser etc.)
    I think they changed the browser behavior in 3.0.2 to load background pages. Before it would download the information in the background, then quickly render everything when you focused a browser card.
    PDK apps pause when you leave them, in general. The thought is, when you leave most games, you want to come back to where they were. Other apps will continue to function in the background. Some games require all of the hardware's attention to run, so they have to pause.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The one thing I didn't like was leaving a browser card and going back to it only to have it reload on me and lose my spot. I blame that on memory though.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, I don't get why it needs to refresh either.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I think they changed the browser behavior in 3.0.2 to load background pages. Before it would download the information in the background, then quickly render everything when you focused a browser card.
    can no longer browser multiple cards running/loading in the background. front card turns blur in 3.0.2