Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so I had given up trying to get Skype video calls to work on my touchpad, but after installing the new update I tried it again. Long story short, still no video. The call connects and I get perfect audio, but after clicking the video camera button during a call nothing happens.

am I doing something wrong, or do I have a defected camera on my TP?

Can HP release a camera app!!
    This seems odd, I have been able to connect nearly every time. The video is quite choppy (<15 fps it seems) but otherwise fine.

I haven't tried with 3.0.2 yet.
    Didn't work for me with 3.0 and still broken with 3.0.2. sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    This seems odd, I have been able to connect nearly every time. The video is quite choppy (<15 fps it seems) but otherwise fine.

I haven't tried with 3.0.2 yet.
    I agree mine is similar, it works ! Besides being a little choppy I do get the odd video freeze but the audio continues.

Although when I use Facetime to Facetime within the same wi-fi zone the quality is much better.
    Mines always worked fine...weird..
    Not sure really, my last Skype attempt wasn't very useful and I couldn't even login let alone video chat. Hopefully things are improving. Sorli...
    why not try a doctor since it hasn't worked from day 1. might be a bad initial image.
    I was hoping for improvements with Skype after the update, as well, but I really don't see any. I tried it, and the person (using a standard computer) on the other end kept hearing his voice echo back to him (until I turned on bluetooth and started using bluetooth headsets). He also stated that the video quality was really bad. He said it seemed like the Touchpad just had a very cheap camera... When I would get close to the screen, he said my image would go very blurry and become unrecognizable. He said the moving image was very choppy and would freeze, often. I am very disappointed
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I've had good luck with Skype. (even from TP to TP on the same network) anytime that I got a bad connection I would just reconnect and it works great.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Tried Skype video for my first time last night and the video was horrible; basically a very pixelated still of the person I was talking to. Audio though was great, though. We tried multiple times and a couple reboots with no success. Also, tried to take a screenshot but the video windows were just black space. Is this normal?
    Sprint Prē & Pixi, and HP TouchPad
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    try updating Skype at work. Mine works with my moms ipad2 but not with my father in law's pc.
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with wat version of Skype they are running...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    why not try a doctor since it hasn't worked from day 1. might be a bad initial image.
    Did that before the 3.0.2 update and it helped and Skype is working again. Sorli...
    I have two skype accounts created at different times. My personal one was created first, my work one was created about a year later. I tried for about an hour and a half getting the two to connect using two TouchPads. I never got it working.

I then created a new skype account for my wife and immediately got it working with the same two TouchPads between her new account and my work account. I think TouchPads may have configuration issues depending on the skype account. Not sure on this, but this is what I suspect.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow thats crazy... how can it be so wierd. did ure wife also update her skype software when she created the new acount?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    wow thats crazy... how can it be so wierd. did ure wife also update her skype software when she created the new acount?
    All I did was sign her up for skype through a browser on a computer. I then logged in to her skype account for the first time through one of the TouchPads.

I connected several times without issue after that.

With my personal skype account, I could never really keep the TouchPad logged in. Every time I tried to start a skype video call, it would ask if I want to log in. I'd click on Yes, then it reported it was now logged in and I could make calls. Then I'd click on the user to create a video chat and it'd ask me if I'd like to log in again, over and over.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks guys. Im going to doctor this afternoon after work to see if that might help.
    Skype is a joke on the tp. It sucks because I really want to use it.. Oh well
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if webOS doctor is good to go on OS X Lion? I know webos Quick Install isn't because of novacomm drivers...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iharley View Post
    Does anyone know if webOS doctor is good to go on OS X Lion? I know webos Quick Install isn't because of novacomm drivers...
    The answer is no.
    My Touchpad has the same issue. I have noticed that whenever I Skype with some overseas contact, the video dimly does not work. Skype is also very choppy for other contacts. It is very annoying!! :-( . I hope they fix this software issue soon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast