Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by salazar09 View Post
    so I had given up trying to get Skype video calls to work on my touchpad, but after installing the new update I tried it again. Long story short, still no video. The call connects and I get perfect audio, but after clicking the video camera button during a call nothing happens.

am I doing something wrong, or do I have a defected camera on my TP?

Can HP release a camera app!!
    There's not much of a description on how you're using it. How about a screenshot of what happens after you select the video icon.

Also, are you sure the person your communicating with has the ability to send video?
    I have found that if i am home on a solid connection to good fast internet Skype works flawlessly -- my daughter has talked quite a few times with the granparents on their PC's -- how ever if the internet connection is not good then skype sucks -- not the touchpad nor skypes fault more the fault of the string connecting the 2 cans
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    There's not much of a description on how you're using it. How about a screenshot of what happens after you select the video icon.

Also, are you sure the person your communicating with has the ability to send video?
    Well nothing happened after i selected the video icon. But i figured it wasn't working because i was testing it with a Mac. I read somewhere on here that TP Skype to macs wasn't working properly at times.

I then went to my PC and noticed i had an older version of Skype (like 4.0 or something like that) So i updated to 5.3 like someone mentioned on here and it finally worked! So now i know my camera works because i was able to make a skype video call!

And with the Camera app in the app catalog, i will be able to use the camera more often!
    Looks like this isn't a touchpad issue but a windows client bug: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3053558
    My patches:

All my patches are available in Preware.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I just talked to HP support on my TouchPad (cool feature, btw) and they believe it's problem on Skype's end with their client on my Mac. Sent Skype support an email, and this was their response:

Thank you for contacting Skype Customer Service.

We understand that you are having difficulty in video calling. We will look into this matter.

Currently Skype does not yet support (HP TouchPad) for video calling. This is the reason why you are having errors in video calling from your Mac to HP TouchPad.

However, we are constantly working on improvements to Skype, so I will have this forwarded as suggestion on to our development team, who will consider it for future releases. Thanks very much for your input.

We hope you found this answer helpful. Should you need any further assistance or have additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Maurice Hubert R.
    Skype Customer Support
    My response was to show him a page on their site which details it does do video calls:https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/...uchPad-support

Anyway, not sure what's going on next.
    Sprint Prē & Pixi, and HP TouchPad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12