Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Midway99
  1.    #1  
    Hi

    I'm stuck in a no wi-fi zone for a couple days out in the Far East Asia and I was wondering if there was a way to download and update the TP through my laptop ?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers
  2. #2  
    freetether -> usb
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  3. #3  
    you can get the doctor via palm.com/rom
  4. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #4  
    You can download the full webOSDoctor 3.0.2 from your HP Profile page.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for a quick response, I am a complete dumb a** didn't think of 'freetether' let alone knowing about it being on my HP Profile Page.

    Thanks again, this should keep me busy for a little while
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geezer View Post
    Thanks for a quick response, I am a complete dumb a** didn't think of 'freetether' let alone knowing about it being on my HP Profile Page.

    Thanks again, this should keep me busy for a little while
    Obviously, if you don't have wifi to support the TP, you don't have access to your webOS account. Assuming you have a wired network connection, you can download the webOS doctor (search www.webos-internals.org for the URL). Doctoring involves putting the device in recovery mode, connecting via USB and running the jar file (you need the Java runtime for this). Beware that doctoring wipes your device.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
  7. #7  
    The TouchPad 3.0.2 webOSDoctor can be downloaded directly from http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...2hstnhwifi.jar
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8. #8  
    If you're gonna freetether, you'll save bandwidth just downloading ota vs downloading the whole doctor image
  9. #9  
    you're in the far east. go enjoy, visit some things. don't sit in a hotel and update your touchpad. dang.
    The Geezer likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    you're in the far east. go enjoy, visit some things. don't sit in a hotel and update your touchpad. dang.
    LOL, I'm here on business :-(

    Talking of dang, I have a laptop wired connection running x86 Vista SP2 and I just get can't get the RNDIS driver installed. I have followed the instructions in WebOS Internals wiki on USBnet setup and it fails every time - I look at the Device Manager and I have yellow exclamation marks on the Bluetooth and ethernet to USB driver.

    I don't think I will run the Doctor on my TP as I really don't want to wipe device.

    Cheers
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geezer View Post
    LOL, I'm here on business :-(

    Talking of dang, I have a laptop wired connection running x86 Vista SP2 and I just get can't get the RNDIS driver installed. I have followed the instructions in WebOS Internals wiki on USBnet setup and it fails every time - I look at the Device Manager and I have yellow exclamation marks on the Bluetooth and ethernet to USB driver.

    I don't think I will run the Doctor on my TP as I really don't want to wipe device.

    Cheers
    ;-) been there myself on the business travel to all corners. Be safe and enjoy.

Posting Permissions